Report / Forecast for customer expected payments

mkuszamkusza Member Posts: 40
Nav 5.0

I am looking for a way to run a report that will show me an expected payment date for our customers. They are setup as either net 30 1% net 15 blah blah...some choose to pay by their terms net 65. I was wondering if anyone has an idea or a way to set this up to "Forecast" expected payment dates from our customers.

Thanks

Comments

• SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    Hmmm, Ok

So you tell them there terms are 1%15 Net 30 and they're saying NO we'll pay NET65?
    Then you say - ok since you're being an A$$ your terms are "Cash In Advance".

So it's not clear by your post how to forecast, if they can pay when they want.
    You expect to get paid in 30 days if their terms are 1%15 Net 30.

Now if you looking for and AVG DAYS TO PAY REPORT. which gives you the actual avg days then you can apply that to the Doc date and get an approximate pay date.

here's a post with a link to a report that calcs the avg days to pay for a customer.
    I guess you can modify it to do what you need to do.
    viewtopic.php?f=23&t=29238
  • mkuszamkusza Member Posts: 40
    Ok,

1. It's automotive...they pay by their terms regardless of the terms we state. However we must state our terms for legalistic actions.

2. That is basically what we're looking for, however again how we would define them with our terms and their terms is the question.

So, how can we set something up that will allow for us report estimated incoming payments from customer's? I am assuming that your post will be based off of our terms we give our customer?

Thanks
  • themavethemave Member Posts: 1,058
    check out form 355 Receiveables-payables, it does a calculation similar to what you are talking about. you may be able to modify it to suit your needs.
    That might just work...however all it is showing is $0.00 any ideas on how to fix that one?

Edit:
    Nevermind i looked at it closer and realized it was in the year 0000...is there a way to change it to just have it pulling between a certain time frame? And instead of having it by the weekday can i change that to customer?
    We ended up just creating an excel spreadsheet that will do everything we want it to-do...unfortunately would have been nice if Nav could have gave us the results we wanted.

Win some ya lose some...