Item not in inventory Error in Sub contracting

pranav-joshipranav-joshi Member Posts: 46
Hi All,

I have one problem.

I have made one Production order in that have 2 routing step in which second is sub contracting. I finish the operation 1 and consume the row material. For second operation (Sub Contracting) I made sub contracting order from sub contracting worksheet, but when I try to send that order it gives me error that the componet item is not in inventory. I checkd that it was in inventory.
By debbuging I found that in code unit 22 the ItemJnlLine variable has assinged Entry Type as Transfer and since it is Transfer the navision assign ItemLedgerEntry.Quantity = -ItemJnlLine.Quantity and in further it check that if ItemLedgerEntry.Quantity < 0 then it prompt this error.

Please advice

Thanks in advance.

Pranav Joshi
MS Dynamics NAV Consultant
SBS Group Desert Mountain (Formerly Silverware Inc.)

Comments

• krvenkatakrvenkata Member Posts: 154
    Please check. The item would be reserved. You need to remove the reservation for it to send thru subcontracting order.
  • pranav-joshipranav-joshi Member Posts: 46
    no its not reserve but I have applied Item Tracking to the Component.

Pranav Joshi
    MS Dynamics NAV Consultant
    SBS Group Desert Mountain (Formerly Silverware Inc.)
  • i4tosti4tost Member Posts: 208
    Are you use automatic consumption posting?
  • mukshamuksha Member Posts: 274
    Please understand the flow of the system, if you are using automatic consumption or backward flushing in that case inventory should be available in the system. In this case as first operation is completed you have set to consume the inventroy. Please set your routing link code correctly.
    Mukesh Sharma
  • santoshmkcetsantoshmkcet Member Posts: 229
    I am also having to face the same problem of "Item not on inventory" error poping up while sending the item from Company location to Vendor Location.

1. I checked the inventory of the item in that Company Location
    2. Since the item I have created is new, there no transaction done on the item & no inventory is reserved on the inventory.

Also as the error message is generic we can't find where the problem exists.

So why the problem exists? Anybody who has faced the problem & still found the solution other than the scenarios mentioned by me.

Lot of my hours have gone unproductive becs of this issue.
    Thanks & Regards
    Santosh
    Where Stones can be transformed to Gold
  • mukshamuksha Member Posts: 274
    OK Guys!! here is easy solution for you.....Whereever subcontracting is required, please keep single operation in routing for subcontractor. However sytem is doing perfect, its only the setup which has to be understood. But obviously you can follow the above without any trouble.
    Mukesh Sharma
  • santoshmkcetsantoshmkcet Member Posts: 229
    Muksha,

I can check whether the error occurs if routing has single operation defined.

But.... if your item has been linked to Item tracking then you need second operation to be used in routing for recieving item in subcontracting order. It is because while recieving items in subcontracting order the system will ask for lot no. for the item to be received which is not available in subcontracting order.

So in the above case where routing has two operation, how to solve the problem of item not on inventory is the issue.

N.S. While shipping the item from the location through Transfer Order "NO" error occurs asking item not on inventory. The items get shipped.
    Thanks & Regards
    Santosh
    Where Stones can be transformed to Gold
  • Ravi_ThakkarRavi_Thakkar Member Posts: 392
    Hello All Experts,

I also have the same issue.
    Is there any solution for the same?
    I have checked all the required scenarios.
    Ravi_Thakkar
    Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
    E Mail : ravi.thakkar@hotmail.com
  • SumitSumit Member Posts: 58
    Please follow:
    muksha wrote:
    OK Guys!! here is easy solution for you.....Whereever subcontracting is required, please keep single operation in routing for subcontractor.
    My friend is "Search the Forum"
  • Ravi_ThakkarRavi_Thakkar Member Posts: 392
    Thanks for your reply.

I have also checked it. I have alredy defined only one Operation in Prod. Order Routing.

Is there any other suggestion?
    Ravi_Thakkar
    Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
    E Mail : ravi.thakkar@hotmail.com