Local Procedure

prototyperprototyper Member Posts: 70
Whats the difference between a Local procedure and a non-local procedure. (IE "local" property of procedure = yes).
Does it so something like free memory or objects when its complete ? (just curious :-k )
Sleep on it... The best solutions come at 2am

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    No, it just limits if the function is visible from other objects or not (if you can call it from outside the object).
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • prototyperprototyper Member Posts: 70
    Thanks.

Not being able to see it from outside the object is what bought my attention to it being local.
    I guess if theres no difference it should be ok to remove the Local=yes so that I can use the function from outside.
    Sleep on it... The best solutions come at 2am
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    in c# or c++ it's for example private {} (local = yes) or public{} (local = no)
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    prototyper wrote:
    Thanks.

Not being able to see it from outside the object is what bought my attention to it being local.
    I guess if theres no difference it should be ok to remove the Local=yes so that I can use the function from outside.

It depends, the function can use some global variables which are set in other function and may be using it fro outside can result in wrong functionality, but all depends on the function itself.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.