"could not create an instance ole"

viriatoviriato Member Posts: 105
I´m getting this errror when i try to run the application on a vista machine, on xp machines the problem doesn´t arise, has someone come across this in the past?

Thanks

Comments

• DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    You're going to have to be more specific than that. Tell us what version of NAV, SQL Server, what the OLE control is supposed to do, things like that.
  • viriatoviriato Member Posts: 105
    5.0 SP1 the client is being started on another machine.

The message is:
    Could not create an instance of the OLE control or Automation server identified by
    GUID ..
    Microsoft Navivision.Mail.SmtpMessage.
    Check that the OLE control or Automation server is correctly installed and registered.
    Now I noticed now one thing if I start C/Side on my machine and open the remote database then this is not a problem.

First question:

What is happening when i open the remote shortcut, is it pointing to the registry on the remote machine or mine?

Second question:

Is it possible to deploy just this dll without having to install C/Side?

Thanks regards!
    Sure you will need to register that dll manually on that machine. Is there a reason that you don't want to install the NAV client? That owuld take care of it for you.
    No it's no problem, I have actually installed C/Side.

Thanks again.

Regards!
    Did the error message go away?
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Try to run the client as Administrator (UAC). Is the problem still there?
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    Hi guys,

Where I deployed th C/Side on my computer and if I open the C/Side from my machine and then the remote database the problem is solved.

If I use a shortcut which links to a C/Side installed on another machine, the problems persists.

Thanks and cheers.
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    If I use a shortcut which links to a C/Side installed on another machine, the problems persists.

Of course, if you run something from "network" disk, it will run with different permissions than local application. It is same like when you open local web page (it will be under "local" permissions) and when you open page from network, it will be running in Intranet permissions.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • rotoflexrotoflex Member Posts: 14
    I have bit same kind of problem, I've created COM visible dll with Visual Studio 2008, and set it up with setup project. This works fine in my Windows XP developing machine, but when I install it to Windows Server 2003, I get this same message saying

"Could not create an instance of the OL control or Automation server identified by GUID={FD59CAE5-5A9C-444C-8735-C2Db8A0FB1C0} 1.0:{70914E5E-7B44-31F8-B98C-B17D0D190C3C}:'Converter'.ImageConverter. Check that the OLE control or Automation server is correctly installed and registered."

What could possibly be wrong?
  • joswaltjoswalt Member Posts: 5
    I have the same error, created a C#.NET external dll using VS 2008 and the .NET 3.5 framework with the framework sp1, using Vista with sp2, I haven't tested using XP. I'm using the Nav 2009 classic client.