Posting prepayment invoice

chrispaulchrispaul Member Posts: 174
Hi All

I have a sales order with four sales lines, i want to post prepayment Invoice of first two lines once and then of the next two lines at a later stage , i tried doing it this way ;

I filled 100 in prepayment % in first two lines and 0 in next two lines and then post prepayment invoice and then tried to fill 100 in prepayment % field in next two lines but that was not allowed as the status has been changed to pending prepayment earlier , so plz tell me what is an alternate way to do this,

I hope i have been able to explain my query.

Comments

• ritesh.singhritesh.singh Member Posts: 123
    What is prepayment% ? is it a customized field?
    which version you using?
    What do you mean by prepayment? is it payment before receipt?
    Thanks,
    Ritesh K Singh
  • chrispaulchrispaul Member Posts: 174
    Hi ritesh

I am using NAV 5.0 where Prepayment is a new functionality , i guess u hav't worked on NAV 5.0 much . Thanks though for your attempt
  • ritesh.singhritesh.singh Member Posts: 123
    Hi Chris,

Thanks for waking me up.
    Just gone through the help file. What i could understand is, this functionality works for the invoice as setup for the prepayment% is on the vendor card or on the header part of the document.

Wouldn't be a solution to create two different invoices against the order. one with prepayment% and other without it completely?
    Thanks,
    Ritesh K Singh
  • i4tosti4tost Member Posts: 208
    It is not a logical to have two prepayment documents for one sales document at the same time. Lets talk what are possible situations in real life that you need to have two separate prepayment documents for one sales document? I can't imagine such a situation :(
    I believe, that if you will be able to write about such a situation we will be able to suggest you a solution.