Inserting new field to the Object Designer-field menu

srysry Member Posts: 2
Hi,
I'm trying to insert the "job no" field to the consumption journal because one of my customers want to link all the manufacturing consumption to a project. Is there any way to add the "job no" field? I have tried the show column function and further object designer-field menu but this field is not in that menu. How can I add desired field(s) to the field menu?
PS: I'm not a Navision developer, I'm a consultant so, sorry if this is a funny question for developers.

Comments

• Tommy_SchouTommy_Schou Member Posts: 117
    sry wrote:
    Hi,
    I'm trying to insert the "job no" field to the consumption journal because one of my customers want to link all the manufacturing consumption to a project. Is there any way to add the "job no" field? I have tried the show column function and further object designer-field menu but this field is not in that menu. How can I add desired field(s) to the field menu?
    PS: I'm not a Navision developer, I'm a consultant so, sorry if this is a funny question for developers.

If the field doesn't show up in the field menu when you design the form, then it is because the field does not exist in the current table and thus you must design the table and add field to it. But in your case that probably wouldn't be enought seing as you would also have to alter the code to accomodate the new field which you probably want to have on the job entries as well. You would need developer assistance to get this working I should think.
    Best regards
    Tommy