Planning Worksheet : use of Maximum Qty.

HalMdy2HalMdy2 Member Posts: 5
Using V5.01

We have some SKUs managed with Maximum Inventory and Reorder Point.
If I have already created purchase lines (with flexibility = unlimited), the MRP calculation never propose to change the purchase order and always proposes a new one, whatever are other parameters like Reorder Cycle ...

Big point is : it works perfectly with the same parameters in a V4.
I know that the MRP engine was completely rewritted in V5.01, but ... is there already exist official (or no-) fix to work like the old version ?

Thx for help.

Comments

• i4tosti4tost Member Posts: 208
    You should write other setup as well as situation. Without this it is quite hard to find out what you want to get
  • i4tosti4tost Member Posts: 208
    You should write other setup as well as situation. Without this it is quite hard to find out what you want to get
  • crisnicolascrisnicolas Member Posts: 177
    I made un upgrade from 5.0 to 5.01 a few months ago.
    The MRP calculation is very important for my customer, so I made special atention to the changes made on version 5.01.
    At the very beggining they told me they wanted the MRP calculation to work as it was working on v5.0.
    After upgrading to 5.01, I imported Codeunit 99000854 and Table 99000853 from 5.0, and it worked.

But, I've proposed my customer to try using the new 5.01 MRP Calculation for a while, see the results, and in case they defineteley did not like the new calculation, we could switch to the old calculation. They agreed to do that....

They have been using the new 5.01 MRP calculation for 4 months now, and they didn't ask me to switch to the old one, so guess that means the new one really works :)
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    The Maximum Qty is the buggiest policy to choose with literally hundreds of issues through the different versions, they always have lots of issues to fix with planning, and especially teh maximu quantity. The chances of it working the same in all scenarios across versions is very unlikely, so comparing setups does not work I am afraid. That said they could easily have re-engineered a bug, I believe it was a serious re-write.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen