Navision 5.0 sp1 Replication

albertozalbertoz Member Posts: 6
Hi I am using LS Retail Data Director 2.2.62(CFront) for the replication between the Head office and eleven stores but the problem that the connection is too slow it's taking time to finish and even it's just using 25/kb from 128kbs connection speed , is there anyway to make it go faster or an alternative solution, I appreceate your help :)

Comments

• ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    You can setup and use data forwarders depending on the store ssetup.

You can only replicated what is needed and replicate less often.
    Get better connection.

DD does not limit how much of bandwidth it can use. So why it only uses 25 kbs would suggest that there is something wrong with network.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • albertozalbertoz Member Posts: 6
    would you please tell me how to use the data forwarder?
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    well you need to explain your store and how replication setup and in order to see if data forwarder would make any sense.
    You need to specify all the tables that you are replicating.

You can find document on LS website.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • anilkumaranilkumar Member Posts: 136
    Hi
    I am using LS Retail Data Director 2.2.62(CFront) for the replication

you are using DD or CFront replication ??

if you are using DD then have you tested test connection ??, How is the speed of connection ??
    Anil Kumar Korada
    Technical Consultant
    I install Data director 2.62.2 but when replicating it's telling Replicating Cfront Method,for example it's taking te Subjob from table 7002 to 7002(price of the item), the connection from the office to the shops is kind of slow but it's not taking all the traffic.
  • anilkumaranilkumar Member Posts: 136
    Hello!

It means you are replicating data through CFont method only.

Check the Scheduler Job Type Code in Scheduler Job Card and if you configured DD properly the change the Scheduler Job Type Code to DD and try. DD will be much more faster then CFront replication.
    Anil Kumar Korada
    Technical Consultant
  • sudhakarsvsudhakarsv Member Posts: 100
    Hi,

If you are Replicating the data through DD then use the CU99001466-Data Distribution.Data will be sent fast as DD sends the data in the form packets to stores.Once this is done track the packets flow through Data Director Monitor/Message status.
    Regards,
    S.V.Sudhakar
    Hi I have the DD software as Test Licence but never used it, can you please give me a manual or tell me the steps how to do it?
    thanks
  • anon2132anon2132 Member Posts: 12
    albertoz wrote:
    Hi I have the DD software as Test Licence but never used it, can you please give me a manual or tell me the steps how to do it?
    thanks

Are you working for an LS Retail partner? You can get the appropriate manuals from them. It sounds like you need to start with the basic manual to understand this better, its hard to explain the whole thing in this forum.