How to delet G/L entries ?

SapotSapot Member Posts: 50
I would like to delete certain entries in table 17 (G/L Entries). What is the best way to do it(in case is its possible)?

Comments

• ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    I will not recommend to delete any entries in the G/L or any other important table. Why dont you reverse the transaction or pass a opposite entry to nullify the impact.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • SapotSapot Member Posts: 50
    Thanks "ssingla" for such quick response.
    Yes even my freinds suggested the same but can you please tell me all the important tables you mentioned.
    and as well the reason for this suggestion.
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    I consider all tables important and never deletes any data from them. The deletion can result in mismatch of data leading to wrong reports, errors in posting/processing etc..
    The most important is that data deletion means the lack of Internal Control in the system implementation and the authenticity of the data cannot be proved. This is taken very seriously by the stakeholders of the company and auditors.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • i4tosti4tost Member Posts: 208
    Important tables are tables from which customer is not able to delete entries. If you take customer's license, go to table records and will try to delete you will get an error about lack of permissions. This is a main indicator for importance :)
  • DeepDeep Member Posts: 569
    i4tost wrote:
    Important tables are tables from which customer is not able to delete entries. If you take customer's license, go to table records and will try to delete you will get an error about lack of permissions. This is a main indicator for importance :)
    Quite a good explanation. =D>
    Regards,

Deep
    India
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    If you browse through the forums on mibuso and dynamicsuser.net, you'll see a lot of people that deleted ledger entries and came asking for help expecting a magic pill to fix the problems they've caused.

Don't give in to the instant gratification of "just delete the ledger", I can guarentee you'll be sorry. Not to mention the integrity of the system will have been lost.
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    Not to mention all the legal ramifications...
    Just imagine the impact of adjusting entries:
    Companies failing
    banks collapsing
    employees laid off
    government bailouts.

Hmm, sounds familiar :-k
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    i4tost wrote:

I will add to Deep's comment. I also think this is a very good answer.
    David Singleton
  • srinivas.chittemsrinivas.chittem Member Posts: 142
    Hi Mibusonians,

They were saying execatly correct. That is a bad practice to delete the GLEntries from
    the tables. There are two alternatives

1. You can reverse the entries
    2. You can correct the entries.

For reversing :

Goto the particular Ledger entries and reverse it. System exaectly pass the reverse entries which u had and more over u will not visualize these entries in Detail Trail balance report.

For Correction

You pass the same JV ( you have a facility to change Account Number or Amount with signature also (or) Balanceing Account ). We have to check Correction Filed in JV.

And u have provision to see the correction entries in Detailed Trail balance.

If u have any suggestions please suggest me. Thanking very much
    Regards,
    srinivas
    "Delighting Customers.... Through Delivery Excellence" .