Multi company MRP

eedobsoneedobson Member Posts: 16
Hi all -

Does anyone have experience implementing multi company MRP in NAV? We're putting in NAV 5.01; client has a European company for distribution and a Canadian company for manufacturing. Ideally we'd like the Canadian MRP to be able to see sales order demand and inventory in the EU company. Suggestions? Anyone know about addons to buy?

Thank you in advance,

Liz

Comments

• ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    I suggest to export all sales from European company and insert them as forecast entries with added time for delivering the product as well as any other time. You can have a separate location setup european company.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    ara3n wrote:
    I suggest to export all sales from European company and insert them as forecast entries with added time for delivering the product as well as any other time. You can have a separate location setup european company.

By sales, I think ara3n means open demand (i.e. sales order, production order, etc), not the actual sales history (although you can use the sales history to forecaste for the future).

This is also assuming both companies are using the same set of Items.
  • eedobsoneedobson Member Posts: 16
    Yes, that's what I was thinking, and yes the item codes will have to be the same... we also want to include any on hand inventory in the EU company, so I am going to try the following:

1) set up the items in the EU company with dummy mfg parameters/BOMs/routings to reflect lead times
    2) run MRP in the EU company
    3) export the suggested production orders (item, qty, date) from the planning worksheet into Excel
    4) create a dummy EU location in the Canadian company with SKU replenishment system of "Transfer"
    5) import (via RIM) the Excel data as a forecast into the Canadian dummy EU location
    6) run MRP in the Canadian company

If this all works, we can automate steps 3 and 5 above and do it in NAV.

Liz
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    Sounds Like a plan.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n