Posting Date used by the Adjust Cost – Item Entries (ACIE)

NPSNPS Member Posts: 17
I’m familiar with the way the system worked in NAV 4.0 but I need some help when it comes to NAV 5.0.

Normally we always have Allow posting from/to, so that it allows posting in the current month. Users who must be able to make postings in the previous month are allowed to do this with setting up the User setup table. This is only necessary in the beginning of each month.

If I were about to close the accounts for January (which I would be doing primo February), I would have the Allow posting from/to set to 1/2-09 and 28/2-09. The user running the ACIE report would be allowed to post in January.

1) How do I make sure that regulations regarding January and earlier get a posting date in January? In 4.0 I would just enter 31/1-09 on the request form of ACIE.
2) Is it optional whether you use Inventory Periods or not? What do you recommend? I cannot seem to get it to work as intended…

I guess I could solve the first problem by setting up Allow posting from/to, to be 1/1-09 and 28/2-09 and then make a lot of setup in the User setup table to make sure only relevant persons are allowed to post in January.
I would prefer the opposite way. I mean, just the few people that must work in periods different that the g/l setup is handle by the user setup.

We have quite a large DB with manufacturing.

Comments

• Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    NPS wrote:
    2) Is it optional whether you use Inventory Periods or not? What do you recommend? I cannot seem to get it to work as intended…
    Yes, the inventory periods is optional. You do not need to use it. The inventory periods is introduced so teh ACIE process can be ran per period, thus, reducing the timeframe in which to process.
    NPS wrote:
    I guess I could solve the first problem by setting up Allow posting from/to, to be 1/1-09 and 28/2-09 and then make a lot of setup in the User setup table to make sure only relevant persons are allowed to post in January.
    Yes, this is the proper way to go about it without changes. If you have a lot of users to change, you can ask your NSC to create a process to modify the User Setup table to change the allow posting from/to. This way, the NSC is not asked to modify core costing codes.
  • NPSNPS Member Posts: 17
    Hmm, I definitely prefer the way this was handled in NAV 4.0 compared to the new procedure in 5.0.

I do not see the point in changing the meaning of G/L Setup so it shows what is allow for few users and the User setup table to be for most of the uses.
    Never mind, we’ll get over it – just do not see the point in this.

Not sure about the Inventory Periods yet but guess we’ll start without and see how the performance is.