Inventory Valuation

Manjinder_KaurManjinder_Kaur Member Posts: 13
Hi

Our Client made a lot of Positive and Negative Adjustments to the Inventory, to correct some of the Important Item related data they were missing. In this process of -ve and +ve adjustments, the Inventory Valuation got screwed up. All the Adjustments were made on the same day.

They have already made sales and Purchase transactions after doing these adjustments.

How can I fix this problem? Will Revaluation Journal help?

Regards,

Manjinder :roll:

Comments

• ritesh.singhritesh.singh Member Posts: 123
    Have you run all the inventory batchs? :?:
    Thanks,
    Ritesh K Singh
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    There is no shortcut to achieve you are trying to do. The best is to run the revaluation journal and correct the current stock valuation.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • Manjinder_KaurManjinder_Kaur Member Posts: 13
    Have you run all the inventory batchs? :?:

Hi Ritesh

I executed "Adjust Cost - Item Entries" batch, which wasn't of any any help since the " Automatic Cost Posting" is ON and "Automatic Cost Adjustment" is set to DAILY....

Thanks

Manjinder
  • Manjinder_KaurManjinder_Kaur Member Posts: 13
    ssingla wrote:
    There is no shortcut to achieve you are trying to do. The best is to run the revaluation journal and correct the current stock valuation.

Thank You so much Sandeep....

Do I need to zero out the Inventory and then bring it back and revalue it? The reason why I am asking this is becoz the client actually made Inventory Adjustments on 15th Jan and back dated it to 31st December.

Manjinder