Options

Some Users on Classic Client, Some on RTC?

matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
edited 2009-02-01 in NAV Three Tier
I hope I didn't miss this post somewhere.

Is it possible to have an implementation where some users continue to want to use the classic client and some want to use the RTC? So we can have both operating at the same time.

Thanks

Answers

• Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Yes, this is supported and is workng without problems. You only need to keep the functionality of the Pages and Forms in sync.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    girish.joshigirish.joshi Member Posts: 407
    That's really interesting.

That means you could use the Classic client for reporting (faster, I hear :) ) and the Role Tailored Client for processing?

Hmmm.... and since most of the heavy processing is done for things like adjust cost and posting -- ... very interesting...
  • Options
    dynuserdynuser Member Posts: 48
    kine wrote:
    Yes, this is supported and is workng without problems. You only need to keep the functionality of the Pages and Forms in sync.
    I am sorry.I am not clear.Can you tell me in detail.What is SYNC

THNX
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Sync = Synchronized. When you change something on form, you need to not forget to do same on page and vice versa. To keep the functionality for both clients same. :wink:
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,255
    kine wrote:
    Sync = Synchronized. When you change something on form, you need to not forget to do same on page and vice versa. To keep the functionality for both clients same. :wink:

I think this will need to happen anyway because the development is still in classic and in order to debug, unit test etc, you'll still need to modify the forms as well.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n