"Can anyone get me......"

Mike1Mike1 Member Posts: 78
On this forum often some NAV-expert "wannabee" asks the question:

"Can someone get me the questions and answers of exam MB?-????".

Why not ban those people from this site?

First of all, administrators answering that only good studying will lead to good results, takes up a lot of their time.

And second of all, who's fooling who, by asking for examquestions and exams??? :^o
Man who put head on railroad track get splitting headache...

Comments

• DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    Why not simply ignore those people? You can't make them go away, they will do whatever they want anyway. They WILL eventually 'fall through the basket' (as Dutch people like to say :mrgreen:), and by then it is their problem, not yours.

I don't like it either, but hey it happens, and you can't do anything about it. Relax, don't get too worked up about it 8)
  • kapamaroukapamarou Member Posts: 1,152
    Mike1 wrote:
    Why not ban those people from this site?

I don't think we should ban them. Maybe knowing who is asking is better.

But I think that the only one to blame here is Microsoft (and any other company doing the same thing) Exams should be updated constantly, and there should be as many questions as possible, to make it too difficult ("impossible" here is impossible) to collect a large number of them. If this was the case, less people would ask this...
  • Mike1Mike1 Member Posts: 78
    I guess ignoring is indeed the best thing to do.

Sometimes it's difficult. I passed both financial and warehousing exam. But not at once. So, reading this forum, i find it frustrating that a lot of people have the guts to ask for exam answers in order to get certified.

But, you're right, Denster, in the end, "They will fall through the basket " :lol:
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    The only way to accurately measure people's skill level is to have them show it to you. This would however be a very expensive way of examining people, which is why they don't do it. However you do it though, people will always share brandumps. It happens everywhere, in high school, in college, universities, everywhere. You can make a big deal out of it, but that won't stop it from happening.

I wish that the DEV exams were done the way they used to do them when I started, where you had to actually develop a project for the exam and turn in the objects to the teacher.
  • Mike1Mike1 Member Posts: 78
    I'm sorry, I only know the multiple choice exams...

In real life is where it comes to showing your expertise in NAV.

You can learn all questions by heart, but when you have to use what you have learned, but you haven't got a clue what you are doing it really proves if you are a NAV expert or not....
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    This has been an issue long before Microsoft took over Navision. It hasn't changed then, and it won't change now.

To make up a lot of questions will take a lot of resource (time and money). I don't think testing is in MSFT's top priority, rather, as a software company, they're focused more on creating new products to sell.

I don't think they'll (re)introduce a test where you actually submit an actual project in since, again, it will take too much resource that MSFT does not want to give.
  • bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    Unfortunately, Microsoft seems to have turned "certification and testing" into just another profit center. Their goal seems to geared toward pushing more and more people thru "certification". IMHO this has resulted in the industry being flooded with "paper experts". This is not limited to NAV, in fact not even to Microsoft. You can go to the local community college for a few months and come out with your MCSE. Never having worked in a real enviroment.

As mentioned above, I recall that 2 weeks NAV Developer class with the exam at the end. I also remember maintaining a Novell CNE certification, back in the day, where you had to provide customer references as part of the certification process. And yes, they called them.

Back on the subject of responding to user's request for exam questions:

When you take your certification exams you sign to a non-disclosure agreement. It's on those screens in the beginning. That agreement binds you to not disclosing any information in the exam. Now, that agreement doesn't bar you from telling someone what they should study nor does it impact the various authors of study guides with sample questions. But it does bar you from disclosing the exact exam questions.
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    bbrown wrote:
    When you take your certification exams you sign to a non-disclosure agreement. It's on those screens in the beginning. That agreement binds you to not disclosing any information in the exam. Now, that agreement doesn't bar you from telling someone what they should study nor does it impact the various authors of study guides with sample questions. But it does bar you from disclosing the exact exam questions.

It goes a lot further than that. Now a days the easiest solution is just directly hacking the Training centers. the cheat notes are no longer just pdf lists of questions, now they are the actual tests.

Although the core reason for this is the desire to get as many certified developers/consultants/trainers (or what ever you want to call them) out there. the underlying fault lies with customers.

Key issues such as Cost of Owner ship and ROI are often only given a cursory role in projects. Instead of a client asking "What is the total cost of this, and what will be the benefit to my company" the question "what's your hourly rate" becomes a driving factor. To get hourly rates way down quality goes down and cost goes up.

Now of course this does not work the other way around (i.e. higher rates does not mean higher quality), but customers need to question that when they are getting offered very low rates, what are they getting for those rates. And then keep in mind the cost to properly train high end people. eventually you will see that it can only be done by pumping out certified people.
    David Singleton