Width restriction for key in the Item Analysis View Entry

Cem_KaraerCem_Karaer Member Posts: 281
Hi everyone,

I added "Cost Amount (Expected) (EUR)", "Sales Amount (Actual) (USD)" ect. fields to Value Entry. There are 8 fields of that kind. I also added them to Item Analysis View Entry so that my customer will be able to create analysis reports based on foreign currencies. I also developed Update Item Analysis View codeunit so that update process takes my custom fields into account. But when I tried to add my custom fields to the SumIndexField of the primary key of the Item Analysis View Entry table, I got the following message:

Microsoft Business Solutions-Navision
The fields in an active key may not exceed 252 bytes. The size of the Analysis Area,Analysis View Code,Item No.,Item Ledger Entry Type,Entry Type,Source Type,Source No.,Dimension 1 Value Code,Dimension 2 Value Code,Dimension 3 Value Code,Location Code,Posting Date,Entry No. key fields in the Item Analysis View Entry table is 348 bytes.

You must reduce the number or length of the active fields.

OK

I MUST add them to create Item Analysis Views. What can I do?
Cem Karaer @ Pargesoft
Dynamics NAV Developer since 2005

Comments

• kapamaroukapamarou Member Posts: 1,152
    What is the size of each field?
  • Cem_KaraerCem_Karaer Member Posts: 281
    All fields are decimal.
    Cem Karaer @ Pargesoft
  • kapamaroukapamarou Member Posts: 1,152
    No. I mean in the Item Analysis View Entry table. That's what the message says.

So, Item No. is CODE(20), Dimension 1 Value Code is CODE(20), Ledger Entry Type is OPTION(Integer) and so on. What is the size of the fields that make up the key? That's what you'll need to reduce...
    Well, I do not prefer to reduce the fields in the key because it is the primary key of a standard table. And I think that there is something tricky in the Item Analysis View Entry because total size of the standard primary key is more than 252. Whatever I add as a secondary key produces the error because NAV tries to aggregate the primary key to the end of secondary key. I need the same trick to persuade NAV.
    Cem Karaer @ Pargesoft
    No idea?
    Cem Karaer @ Pargesoft