Expected cost posting for subcontract purchase orders

s_venkatesh78s_venkatesh78 Member Posts: 97
Dear Navision Users,

I noticed that even if the 'Expected cost posting' is set as 'Yes' in the inventory setup system does not post the expected cost for subcontract purchase orders.

Because of this, if i have a production order for which a subcon PO is posted for receipt only (without posting the invoice) the amount is not getting reflected in the Inventory valuation - WIP report nor it is getting reflected in the WIP GL account.

Is there any setup i m missing ? or is it the way standard Navision works ?
Thanks and Regards,
Venkatesh

Comments

• cernstcernst Member Posts: 280
    It works as designed. There are other problems with subcontracting and post to G/L it posts variances to G/L if the prod.order is finished and the subcon invoice isn't posted yet. This is adjusted when you post the invoice. This occurs if you use Standard as costing method.

I noticed that even if the 'Expected cost posting' is set as 'Yes' in the inventory setup system does not post the expected cost for subcontract purchase orders.

It never update Expected cost posting accounts when u send materials for subcontractor.

Keep in mind subcontracting means that you are receiving service from subcontractor , not purchaing from subcontractor.
    reema
  • dleijdekkersdleijdekkers Member Posts: 3
    I have a similar problem.

This because in the Netherlands you will need to show in your journals that you have expected costs.
    I mean that it should show on the chart of accounts.

The invoice can follow a lot later than the finishing of the Goods, so you will not see which costs are stil comming.

Anybody who has solved this problem before?

regards,
    Dennis Leijdekkers
  • cernstcernst Member Posts: 280
    The design will be changed to support expect cost for subcontracting in upcoming versions of NAV.
    What you might be able to do is a report that shows you the ledgers which is only expect cost.