SMTP Automation working in NAV 5 but not v4 SP3

jimmymcpjimmymcp Member Posts: 5
I've got a problem using the SMTP automation from NAV version 5 in Navision 4 SP3. I've got both clients installed on the same machine. The Microsoft Navision Mail.SmtpMessage automation can be created in v5 without any problems - but trying to use the automation in v4 gives the error:

"Could not create an instance of the OLE control or Automation server identified by GUID={68AEAA7B-9523-3511-AF5F-F2381D2C6F04} 1.0:{F9DAE2A4-D2F8-37C3-86D5-E4FFE166D860}:'Microsoft Navision Mail'.SmtpMessage. Check that the OLE control or Automation server is correctly installed and registered".

I have copied the Microsoft.Navision.Mail.dll and tlb file to the v4 client folder and registered them with regasm.exe (which said that it was successful). I have run a repair on the version 5 client and uninstalled and reinstalled the version 5 client.

I can't think why the automation should work in version 5, but not in version 4.

Thanks,
James

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    try to register it with regasm and try to add /tlb switch...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • jimmymcpjimmymcp Member Posts: 5
    Thanks for your reply. I have already copied Microsoft.Navision.Mail.dll and .tlb to the version 4 client folder and registered them with regasm (using the tlb switch) - which it said was successful - but the automation still doesn't work from the version 4 client - but it does work from the version 5 client.
  • fufikkfufikk Member Posts: 104
    Try using the /codebase switch of regasm. Maybe it will help.