Does NAS take one session from licence?

arcullarcull Member Posts: 191
Hi everyone. I wonder if Navision Aplication Server has it's own licenced session, or does it take one from the licensed sessions ment for users. I mean, if the customer has 10 concurent sessions in licence, will NAS take one of those, in this case only 9 users would be able to work simultanously. Thanks for your help.

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    No, NAS have own type of sessions which are separted. But they are counted in the "Licensed Sessions" on the Database - Information dialog in NAV together with the user sessions.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • greensmilegreensmile Member Posts: 7
    In addiction NAS can use standard user session when own is exhausted.
    _-========-_
    GreenSmile
    greensmile wrote:

Are you sure? Never heard that... and never saw that... :-k
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • greensmilegreensmile Member Posts: 7
    kine wrote:
    greensmile wrote:
    Are you sure? Never heard that... and never saw that... :-k
    I am sorry, my fault. :oops: I tested this affair with licence contain two NAS and I overlooked that.
    _-========-_
    GreenSmile
    Ufff... I was afraid for a while that I overlooked such a feature... :mrgreen:
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • p.willemse6p.willemse6 Member Posts: 216
    When you order a NAS, also a webuser is added to the license. This webuser will be used by the NAS. Thus, if you have 10 sessions in your license and two NAS'ses, you will see 12 users at the database base info screen...
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    When you order a NAS, also a webuser is added to the license. This webuser will be used by the NAS. Thus, if you have 10 sessions in your license and two NAS'ses, you will see 12 users at the database base info screen...

Remember that when you buy the Foundation, it includes 1 session and you get one more session for the Server. In addition, if you buy the AM Foundation, you get a 3rd session for NAS.
  • p.willemse6p.willemse6 Member Posts: 216
    Alex,
    the second session in the foundation pack can only be used for the NAS. if you buy an additional NAS, you can still only access NAV with 1 user...
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    one NAS session you have ever, like Alex said.
    The others licensed Sessions are own type (not for users) as kine said.
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • arcullarcull Member Posts: 191
    Thanks for clearing my doubts :)