Finding the no. of occurances of a particular table

subhastersubhaster Member Posts: 64
Hi everyone,
Can anyone suggest me an idea as of, how to enlist/count the occurances of a particular table in entire application ? For example, I am having "Sales Header" table, is there any way to count the occurances of this table in all the forms, codeunits, reports ?
Manually it can be possible, by searching the entire appliocation/ object design ; but is there any code/ automation for that ?
Subhasish Chakraborty,
Systems Analyst,
MBS Dynamics.

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    You can use the NDT (Nav Developer's toolkit). It have functionality "Where used...".
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • subhastersubhaster Member Posts: 64
    Hi Kine,
    Thanks a lot for your reply. Can you just breif me about the SDK, as I never have worked with it.
    Subhasish Chakraborty,
    Systems Analyst,
    MBS Dynamics.
  • kapamaroukapamarou Member Posts: 1,152
    Using NDT is the best solution because you can get a lot of information.

For a fast solution you could do the following:

Export All the objects EXCEPT the one you are investigating. Import them in a new dummy database. Select All Objects from the object designer. Hit F11!
  • MBergerMBerger Member Posts: 413
    kapamarou wrote:
    Using NDT is the best solution because you can get a lot of information.

For a fast solution you could do the following:

Export All the objects EXCEPT the one you are investigating. Import them in a new dummy database. Select All Objects from the object designer. Hit F11!
    another alternate option is to export all object to text, split them using one of the splitters available in the download here at Mibuso, and then using an editor like Notepad++ to search for "record xxxxx" in all the files.