Adjust Cost problem-HELP

csimoneauxcsimoneaux Member Posts: 168
Customer upgraded from v3.7 to v5.0. Ran Adjust Cost and now $653,000 in Value entries has been posted.
They did not listen to the warning I gave them about the issue with Average Cost Calc. type on Item & Location & Variant, and now they are asking me to clean up the mistake. Does any one have any information that would help me to set things back in order.

Their allow post from and to were set to 1/1/05 and 12/31/05. No inventory period was closed.

Please help.
[-o<

Comments

• AlexWileyAlexWiley Member Posts: 230
    csimoneaux wrote:
    Customer upgraded from v3.7 to v5.0. Ran Adjust Cost and now $653,000 in Value entries has been posted.
    They did not listen to the warning I gave them about the issue with Average Cost Calc. type on Item & Location & Variant, and now they are asking me to clean up the mistake. Does any one have any information that would help me to set things back in order.

Their allow post from and to were set to 1/1/05 and 12/31/05. No inventory period was closed.

Please help.
    [-o<

Ouch. You have to reverse all the entries; a list of the entries should be in the g/l registers so you can import it into a journal and reverse the sign. Anytime you do an upgrade like this the batch job should be run in a test environment and the data examined from there- doing this would have let you know to set "Amount is adjusted" on the appropriate entries or take other actions to resolve the differences between 3.7 and 5.0 costing.