how to create client server architecture

amarnathamarnath Member Posts: 51
Hi friends
Is it possible to create a 3-tier architecture in navision . We are planning to create a webpage which has to accessed from nav database. If there is any procedure please do let me know.

Thanks in advance.
AMARNATH SRINATH

Comments

• bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    Have a look at NAV 2009 Web Services or use NAS in earlier versions.
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
  • amarnathamarnath Member Posts: 51
    So it is possible in NAV 2009 . I am using navision 5 , can you provide me the document related to the creation of this. We are trying to make a online application , which is develop in navision and accessed in webpage.
    AMARNATH SRINATH
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    amarnath wrote:
    So it is possible in NAV 2009 . I am using navision 5 , can you provide me the document related to the creation of this. We are trying to make a online application , which is develop in navision and accessed in webpage.

Just read something about WebServices within NAV 2009 (there are plenty of documents and blog articles regarding that). And do not forget about licensing! In your case of external webpage, it looks like you will need External COnnector to license the access.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    kine wrote:
    amarnath wrote:

Just read something about WebServices within NAV 2009 (there are plenty of documents and blog articles regarding that). And do not forget about licensing! In your case of external webpage, it looks like you will need External COnnector to license the access.

And don't forget about SQL licensing. Microsoft says if you can't control the number of users (think External Connector) then you must license SQL for unlimited users. This is done by processor licensing. I've gone at this question a number of ways with MS and each time I've gotten the same answer.
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.