Excise, Service tax - change in amount manually possible?

pashya1972pashya1972 Member Posts: 176
Hi,

1.If we need to change the excise /service tax amount manually (in some cases) due to diff in amount chg by supplier/service provider and as per PO then can it be possible to change? If yes what's the method ? is there any field?

Many times the diff.is because of r/off or in case of Trader Invoice where excise duty is included in list price or per/unit.

Thanx

Prashant

Comments

• reemareema Member Posts: 255
    when it comes to Excise amount it is possible through some customization In 4.0 .
    Excise amount = Bed amount + e cess amount + she cess amount.
    In PO line u can get these fields Bed amount , e cess amount , she cess amount.try to change the values manually.

then see the statistics.

If not let me know .
    reema
  • ranjityadavranjityadav Member Posts: 92
    edited 2009-01-22
    hii.

You need to add new fields in with name manual exicse etc.
    When the user want to put the manual excise which is different from their system calculated
    excise then puting the amount in these customized field and these field update the base excise feild with this amount.
  • DeepDeep Member Posts: 569
    reema wrote:
    In PO line u can get these fields Bed amount , e cess amount , she cess amount.try to change the values manually.
    You cannot change the line amounts manually.

In Indian trading scenario, the excise is a bit mess, but it can be handled through setups. Try to explore the calculation types in the excise setup and test them over some test database.
    You need to add some more excise posting groups and setups, and use them over the purchase lines with some simple mods.
    Regards,

Deep
    India
    edited 2009-01-23
    Deep wrote:
    You cannot change the line amounts manually.

Mr. Deep ,

Did u read my first Line what I have written
    it is possible with small modification.
    After that u can change that fields manually.
    We had done it for our client.
    If u want know I can send that code to u also.
    reema
    If u want know I can send that code to u also.
    Thanks Reema.
    What I intend to say is we can also manage to do it through setups without worrying for customization.
    Regards,

Deep
    India
    A agree with you deep but in india the taxation is so complex that you can not be standardrize. I face the same problem for so many indian clients then i choose this option to customised the feilds and put these values in the base feilds and its works for me.
    Deep wrote:
    What I intend to say is we can also manage to do it through setups without worrying for customization.

Yes that's true .

but the query is is it possible to change manually ?
    so with out customization it is not possible that is what i am going to say
    reema
    Hi reema,

without customization it is not possible. as what me too trying to say.
    You need to add new fields in with name manual exicse etc.
    When the user want to put the manual excise which is different from their system calculated
    excise then puting the amount in these customized field and these field update the base excise feild with this amount.

U need not to add a new field name Manual Excise to calculate the Excise amount.
    This is totally wrong process.

At the end of the month u need to know what is the credit of BED , eCess , She cess amount.
    So Use the standard fields .

Excise amount is the sum of BED amount + Ecess amount +She cess amount.

With two lines of coding u can change the fields BED amount , Ecess amount , She cess amount. manually
    reema
  • ritesh.singhritesh.singh Member Posts: 123
    Hi Friends,

there is already a field called "Manually changed" in the "structure order line detail". when ever you change the BED, eCess and sheCess it get the "True" value stored.

In the sales order you can try changing the excise fields(BED, eCess, and SHEcess) be sure that you have exice in the structure.
    Thanks,
    Ritesh K Singh
    Hi ritesh you can also do that.

But if the user will able to do that then the probability of error will increase.

So its better to make new feilds for them.
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    Hi Friends,

there is already a field called "Manually changed" in the "structure order line detail". when ever you change the BED, eCess and sheCess it get the "True" value stored.

In the sales order you can try changing the excise fields(BED, eCess, and SHEcess) be sure that you have exice in the structure.

Firstly the changes are required booking purchase invoices and not sales order/invoices. All sales order/invoice calculation should be thru. setups only.
    It better to make a new customized field in the purchase line and forward it in the RG 23 and Excise Entry table. This will give you a track which entry has been manually calculated.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
    ssingla wrote:
    Firstly the changes are required booking purchase invoices and not sales order/invoices. All sales order/invoice calculation should be thru. setups only.
    It better to make a new customized field in the purchase line and forward it in the RG 23 and Excise Entry table. This will give you a track which entry has been manually calculated.

When we manually change the BED and eCess and SheCess. system automatically posts entries in RG 23 and Excise Enty Table. If we have already received the purchase order then also we can change manually. in this case the system passes the adjustment entry for the same.

for example if excise is posted with Rs.100 at the time of receipt of goods and we want to change it to 110 at the time of invoice we can manually change the BED and other cess accordingly and post. it will create an entry for Rs 10 in the RG23.
    Thanks,
    Ritesh K Singh
    Less customization help system work better. :wink:
    Thanks,
    Ritesh K Singh
    ssingla wrote:

When we manually change the BED and eCess and SheCess. system automatically posts entries in RG 23 and Excise Enty Table. If we have already received the purchase order then also we can change manually. in this case the system passes the adjustment entry for the same.

for example if excise is posted with Rs.100 at the time of receipt of goods and we want to change it to 110 at the time of invoice we can manually change the BED and other cess accordingly and post. it will create an entry for Rs 10 in the RG23.

You need to understand the requirements of the excise authorities before analyzing which option is better
    CA Sandeep Singla

In standard indian Localization it is not possible to correct the RG 23 part 11 at the time of purchase Invoice.

Do we need to customization :-k
    reema
    reema wrote:

In standard indian Localization it is not possible to correct the RG 23 part 11 at the time of purchase Invoice.

Do we need to customization :-k

Navision by default pass the difference entry(Excise passed at the time of Invoice - Excise booked at the time of receipt) at the time of Invoicing. The difference entry can be positive/negative in nature.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    ssingla wrote:

Navision by default pass the difference entry(Excise passed at the time of Invoice - Excise booked at the time of receipt) at the time of Invoicing. The difference entry can be positive/negative in nature.

I am working Nav 4.0 sp3 HF7
    I created a Purchase order at the time of receive
    For example
    Bed amout = 100 , Ecess = 50 , Shecess = 50
    So I received the material. Then RG 23 A part 11 updated with that values.
    Excise account s did not updated( that is correct process)
    After two days I am creating invoice against that receipt with
    BED amount = 150 , eCess= 100 Shecess = 100.
    I posted the invoice . Just Excise accounts updated.
    System did not pass any entry to RG 23 Part 11 about the change.
    So please let me abou t this.
    reema
    Check the RG 23 Part II entries while navigating from the purchase receipt, you will find 2 entries.

P.S. It is RG 23 Part II (Roman Character for numeric 2) and not RG 23 PART 11.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    ssingla wrote:
    Check the RG 23 Part II entries while navigating from the purchase receipt, you will find 2 entries.

P.S. It is RG 23 Part II (Roman Character for numeric 2) and not RG 23 PART 11.

No
    it is not changing the Values in RG 23 A part II.
    Even I checked the Table 13720 - RG 23 A part II.
    I run the RG 23 A part II Report form Financial Management based on the Date filter.

I could not find any negative impact or adjust ment impact when I change the Bed amount , eCess, She cess.
    Do I need to to any setup to update adjustment impact ? :-k
    reema
    After posting the receipt navigate in the related RG 23 Part II, note down the field value of "RG Entry No.". Post the receipt with differential excise value and then come back to RG 23 Part II and filter on "RG Entry No." for the field value noted above. You will find 2 entries.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    Thanks Sandeep,

I done this transaction in Nav 4.0 sp3 HF7 ,Cronus database with out any customization.
    I filter based the RG Entry No , still it is not posting any negitive impact.
    Even I checked this Transaction in Nav 5.0 Sp1 also.
    Where is the Problem
    reema
    Hi Reeema,
    system does not post the negative entry. it only posts the positive entry. as once the amount is transfered to excise deptt. can not be taken back but can be given more.

try posting any entry which adds to the already posted rg will work perfectly.
    Thanks,
    Ritesh K Singh
    system does not post the negative entry. it only posts the positive entry. as once the amount is transfered to excise deptt. can not be taken back but can be given more.

try posting any entry which adds to the already posted rg will work perfectly.

Hi Ritesh,

I created a purchase order NO : AB001
    Item qty = 1 Unit cost = `100 , total amount = 100.
    On this BED amount = 10 eCess = 2 Shecess = 1.( manually)
    On 03/03/03 I posted the Purchase order with option receive .
    So Rg 23 A Part II updated with the above Values.
    Entry No = 41
    RG Entry No = 102 In RG 23 A Part 11 table.
    On 04/04/04 I Opened the Purchase order No : AB001
    I changed the BED amount = 20 , Ecess = 4 Shecess = 2 ( Manually)
    And posted with the option Invoice .

This it posting only chart of accounts only( Excise entry).
    It is not posting any Entries to RG 23 A part 11.
    Let me know the reason.
    reema
  • hansikahansika Member Posts: 373
    Hi friends ,

i am also getting the same problem . ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Did i forget any setups.
    hansika
    This holds good when using "Get receipt Lines" function, not when the same order form is used for invoicing.
    Create an invoice, run get receipt lines, do the changes, post, and navigate the posted invoice and already posted receipt.
    Regards,

Deep
    India
  • hansikahansika Member Posts: 373
    Thanks Deep,

if u use get receipt lines - it is posting properly.
    but one thing i would like to know

In purchase Invoice( using get receipt lines )
    For example I done two cases

Case I : Increase Excise amount

Purchase order Excise amount = 1000
    In Invoice excise amount = 1200

If I increase the excise amount it is adding that 200 /- to that entry..

Case I : Decrease Excise amount

Purchase order Excise amount = 1000
    In Invoice excise amount = 800
    If I increase the excise amount it is adding that 0 /- to that entry..

Why it is not deducting that a mount 200 /-.

Why I am asking this is user can do mistakes some times.

If he done mistake how can we correct that RG 23 A part II.

Please let me know the reason.
    hansika
  • ameenameen Member Posts: 217
    hansika wrote:

Why I am asking this is user can do mistakes some times.

If he done mistake how can we correct that RG 23 A part II.

Please let me know the reason.

Yes, it is very common in industries .

experts please let me how to correct this one.
    ameen
    I have never recommended (implemented) PO to receive and invoice the purchase transaction. The functionality runs fine in some scenarios but violates the internal control requirements which need to delink the purchase order with the receipt and then with the bill passing.
    Further the Indian localization is still a long way to go though the same has been stabilized to a great extent
    CA Sandeep Singla
  • ameenameen Member Posts: 217
    Thanks Mr. Ssingla,

I will also accept that POrder to Receipt only then throughpurchase invoice form - > get receipt lines create invoice.

But while receiving the items through suppose he entered wrong excise amount
    Actaul excise amount = 1000
    But he entered the excise mount = 1500( 500 / - Excess amount ) he entered manually.
    Then system updated RG 23 A Part II with that amount .
    Now how to correct that amount in RG 23 A part II against that receipt.
    :-k
    ameen