smtp server set up

lanemarklanemark Member Posts: 83
I have searched the forum and cannot find answer to my query so can someone help!

I am trying to set up notifications on Nav v5 and, when I send an order for approval I get the error message:
The SMTP mail system returned the following error: (0x80040213): The transport failed to connect to the server.

I have looked at the SMTP server set up and have tried various server names, our mail addresses are usually ....@lanemark.com so I inserted lanemark.com as the server, and anonymous as the Authentication, is this correct.

Alan

Comments

• DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    Your system admin should be able to help you with this information. Usually it's more like smtp.server.com, and it has specific user names (you don't really want to have an anonymous email server) but can be anything you set it up to be
  • lanemarklanemark Member Posts: 83
    Ok, I have solved the problem, I needed to put our 10.0.0. address,
    I now get a notification message, but as a mail template I used a Word document but it prints all strange symbols, should I use a different type of document.

Alan
  • ddanicaddanica Member Posts: 10
    lanemark wrote:
    I now get a notification message, but as a mail template I used a Word document but it prints all strange symbols, should I use a different type of document.
    Alan
    Hi! I also use Word documents as templates (saved as HTML after I insert my data) and I had the same problems (strange symbols in mail body), but I found the solution (or the trick). The solution is to put an LF character at the end of every html line inserted in the mail body. The LF character has ASCII code 10. So, you must write something like that:

ChrLF - char type

ChrLF := 10;
    SMTPMail.AppendBody(Line + FORMAT(ChrLF));

Where "Line" is a line read from the html file created with Word.

I now that this answer is given too late for you but i hope it will help another guys.