the permissions for 'super' group cannot be changed

eCodeeCode Member Posts: 12
My intention is to create new 3.70 db and restore Nav 3.70 full backup into it. I have created new 3.70 db. If I try to run restore it fails with error message "the permissions for 'super' group cannot be changed". Are there something 'special' which I should do before restoring? I have also tried to restore without "Entire backup" and with "Custom", but still getting same error.

Comments

• i4tosti4tost Member Posts: 208
    My suggestion is that you try to restore on SQL and do not have required permissions. Am i right?
  • JShafferKCJShafferKC Member Posts: 3
    I am getting the same message. I am trying to restore a backup from a Nav 3.70a SQL database to a new Nav 3.70a non-SQL database. I am restoring to a non-SQL database becuase I want to test on a workstation that does not have access to a SQL server. I create a new database, do a tools\restore, select the backup, choose the "all companies" option, and then start the restore. Everything appears to run OK including rebuilding of indexes. At the very end of the restore I get the "the permission for the group 'Super' cannot be changed" message. When I look at the objects, I only see some system tables. No tables for the application, no reports\forms\codeunits. Any suggestions how to work around this?