Link the Out Put Journal with the Cosumption journal

shibilyshibily Member Posts: 89
Hi Experts,

How can i link the output journal entry line with the Consumption journal entry.?

I have Created a Production Order with two lines and then i created a consumption journal . In the Consumption journal i selected the Prodution Order number and also selected a Raw Material as Item and then selected a Purchase receipt for that item through the Apllies-to Lookup.
Then i created an Output journal . Here i selected the Production Order number. In the Item Number lookup, i slected the first item of the production Order. Here i want to connect the Output journal with the Consumption journal which i have created already. I tried it by selecting the " Applies-To entry " in the Out Put Journal. But i could not find any records by doing that.

Anybody please help me in solving this issue.

Answers

• ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    "Apply to Item ledger entry" if for linking a negative entry (consumption/negative adjustment/sale/transfer shipment/purchase return) against a positive entry (output/positive adjustment/purchase/sales return/transfer receipt).
    What you are trying is not possible and also does not make sense.

Nav itself tracks the total consumption and output against a production order and allocates the cost of the consumption items on the output items.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • shibilyshibily Member Posts: 89
    Thanks for the feedback,

Let me explain my requirement here in details.

I have Raw material called R1 & R2

after a process I get SF1

again i do some process on SF1 and add another SF2 to get FG1

SF2 is used R3 and R4.

I cant have a BOM because i cant predefine the formula.

My requirement is i need to trace back from FG1 to the Rawmaterial. in above case it should go to R1 & R2 and R3 & R4.

Also the cost involved .

I am trying to make a Porder No with producs SF1,and FG1.
    make the entries of consumtion R1 & R2 against that Porder .
    then make the Out. Journal for SF1
    again I consume SF1 and SF2 ( which is from another production order)
    and make Out.Journal FG1.
    I just wanted to know how Navision links these consumption and output journal.
    Can you pls help me in this scenario.

Thanks
  • i4tosti4tost Member Posts: 208
    For me it is unclear what you want to get :)
    NAV tracks automatically output and consumption. In consumption journal you have fields "Prod Order no.", "Prod. Order Line No.", so you can link to any line you need.
    If you have no chance to define quantities so do not. You can always create BOM without quantities or with expected, and post the fact not related to plan.
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    If you serialise or lot control the items you have the traceability, without this NAV does not care because you do not.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen