Copy line data from Transfer order to Item Journal Line

kumarharishkumarharish Member Posts: 25
Dear All,

I wish to do this simple transaction.

Transfer Item 'a' from warehouse 'main store' to warehouse 'spares store'. Can be handled through transfer order feature.
Now i want to trigger an item journal with entry type 'negative' from the transfer order which i created & posted. so that it automatically fills up the item journal with the line items i had in the transfer order line(s). how do i handle this .. please guide ..really urgent

thanks in advance
harish

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    1) Why? F11 (Post) will do that automatically...
    2) Can you be more specific what you want to do?
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • kumarharishkumarharish Member Posts: 25
    The client wishes to do material issue whereby material gets consumed after transferring from main store to spares store.. he is not ready to pass a negative item journal after posting a transfer order..
    thats why the requirement is that when we post the transfer order.. after posting the line items get copied to item journal from where he can do negative entry for consumption
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    So you transfer something from location A to location B, and want to do an automatic negative adjustment from location B? What's the point? Why not do a negative adjustment straight from location A?

If you want to do consumption, is that in the context of manufacturing? If it is, then why not use a consumption journal in the manufacturing area?
  • DeepDeep Member Posts: 569
    The client wishes to do material issue whereby material gets consumed after transferring from main store to spares store.. he is not ready to pass a negative item journal after posting a transfer order..

When in practice the materials are first transferred to another location, and then gradually consumed, the same practice should be followed in the system. This will show a proper track of inventory at any time.

I also faced such a client who needed something like this, just because he was lazy and reluctant to enter lines again in the item journal.
    For this, we just provided a function on posted transfer shipment to export the lines to a csv file without quantity, and a function over item journal to import the csv file. The client manually entered the quantity which gradually consumed, and posted it.
    Regards,

Deep
    India
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Why not to do just some batch on the Item journal which will insert lines for all opened entries for specified location? It is easy... user will run it, it will look into ILE table for relevant entries, fill the lines etc. and you can filter per document no. if you want only specific transfer document...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • DeepDeep Member Posts: 569
    kine wrote:
    Why not to do just some batch on the Item journal which will insert lines for all opened entries for specified location? It is easy... user will run it, it will look into ILE table for relevant entries, fill the lines etc. and you can filter per document no. if you want only specific transfer document...
    Thats a much better idea.
    Regards,

Deep
    India