Attachments in SO, PO

sriram_venkatsriram_venkat Member Posts: 129
Is it possible to attach documents (Images, Word docs) on transactions like PO, SO etc in NAV 5.0 SP1.

Comments

• ameenameen Member Posts: 217
    There is no standard functionality to assign the documents in SO, PO.

It is possible through customization.

we done it .
    ameen
  • kapamaroukapamarou Member Posts: 1,152
    In version 5 you have Links but I don't know if they can fill your needs. There was a post in this forum I think about an addon for this but you need to search... Also, you can develop your own solution...
  • sriram_venkatsriram_venkat Member Posts: 129
    Hi Kapa

Where are the links available? Please let me know the menus for that
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    In the NAV 5.00 you have new Icon in the toolbar. The "Clip" icon leads to "Links". Through this you can attach some URL (path to some file, Sharepoint document, web URL etc.) to any record in the database. It means if you are on the PO or SO header and you click this icon, you can attach some documents to the record. If you are on line, you can attach document to lines. There is special flag in the status bar (the gray line bottom on the main window) similar to FILTER, which will show you that there are some LINKS on the record you are on. In standard DB there is functionality which will copy attached documents when posting to the posted documents. It means you will have same documents attached to the posted invoice or to shipments etc.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    When you have the sales order open, click on Edit --> Links

This feature is available since version 5.0. No need for add-ons.
    Yes ,

That’s true .

But how can I know is there any document attached to this pO / SO.
    That means once I assigned the any document to PO/ SO is there any mark available in find easily.

Thanks and regards
    ameen
    kine wrote:
    There is special flag in the status bar (the gray line bottom on the main window) similar to FILTER, which will show you that there are some LINKS on the record you are on.
    kapamarou wrote:
    There is special flag in the status bar (the gray line bottom on the main window) similar to FILTER, which will show you that there are some LINKS on the record you are on.

I could not find any flag :-k
    ameen
    It's not a flag.

It's in the bottom of the Client window, next to the date. If you have inserted a link, the word 'LINKS' appears. Like filters. If you apply a filter, the word 'FITLERS' appears.