structure card - Header / Line

ameenameen Member Posts: 217
Hi ,

In structure card there is field called Header / Line .

when it gone to help it tells

Header/Line: Specify whether the Tax/Charge being defined, is applicable
for the Order/Lines or not. The various available types are:
• Header
• Line

i created a structure and i keep changing the values in the field Header / Line , but i could not find any differernce.

So could u explain what is the actual difference between these two .

Give practical example on this .

Thanks and regards
ameen

Comments

• ameenameen Member Posts: 217
    Please throw some explanation..............
    ameen
    [-o< experts throw some help on this........ :-k
    ameen
    experts what about this one................ #-o
    ameen
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    Repeating those pleas is not going to make thigns go faster. Be patient, if someone knows they will reply to you.

Have you tried F1 help? Have you tried official documentation? Have you asked more senior people at work? Have you tried calling Microsoft? This seems to be part of the Indian localization, so unfortunately I can't help you.
    [-o< Indian Experts let me know about the difference Header \ Line in structure card . ](*,) ](*,)
    ameen
  • DeepDeep Member Posts: 569
    This is a big question. I have passed transactions both ways, but couldn't see any difference. :o
    Regards,

Deep
    India
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    May I know why are you desperate to know the exact function of the field? What use you want to put this field to? I will recommend u learn to use NAV first and probably then you will understand you don't need to look to these field.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
    ssingla wrote:
    May I know why are you desperate to know the exact function of the field? What use you want to put this field to? I will recommend u learn to use NAV first and probably then you will understand you don't need to look to these field.

Thanks SSingla,

Why don’t u understand my query .
    I created a Structure to clauclate the excise amount , vat .
    But what I have to select in the Header / Line field.
    Because excise mount , vat always has to clauclate online base amount.
    Then y it has header option .
    That is what I need to know.
    ameen
    Excise and VAT calculation is not based on the "Header/Line" option so whatever you select doesn't matter.
    CA Sandeep Singla
  • ritesh.singhritesh.singh Member Posts: 123
    ssingla wrote:

Dear sandeep,

This is the part of the learning process.
    ameen wrote:
    [-o< Indian Experts let me know about the difference Header \ Line in structure card . ](*,) ](*,)

Dear ameen,

Please try this:

1. Create a new structure card name Charges;
    2. At structure card line
    Type = Charges
    Tax/Charge Code = Freight(create if not available)
    Calculation Type = Fixed Value
    Header/line = Header
    Account No.= "some dummy account";
    3. Now create an invoice with at least two lines(item) and select this structure.
    4. on invoice card go to the Invoice button->sturcture, form sturcture order details form will be open, fill say Rs. 1000 in the field Calculation value.
    5. go back to the invoice and function-> calculate structure value.
    6. Check the each line on the invoice for the "Amount to customer".
    You will notice that freight amount is automatically devided to all the lines on the basis of line amount.

Now if in structure you change the header/line field to line.

Try this...

you will come to know about the diffrence.

:D
    Thanks,
    Ritesh K Singh
    ssingla wrote:

Dear sandeep,

:D
    I think you can't force somebody to teach you and that too in a professional forum like MIBUSO.
    CA Sandeep Singla
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    I don't agree.

There seems to be a quickly growing number of members around here that are newbie programmers, who are getting absolutely no instruction from their workplace, that are told "here's NAV, good luck, if you want to know how it works find out on mibuso". As a result there is a growing number of people asking very generic questions that are difficult to answer.

This is a VERY BAD thing. These forums are NOT meant for training people, this is NOT a replacement for properly training and mentoring new employees.
    DenSter wrote:
    I don't agree.

There seems to be a quickly growing number of members around here that are newbie programmers, who are getting absolutely no instruction from their workplace, that are told "here's NAV, good luck, if you want to know how it works find out on mibuso". As a result there is a growing number of people asking very generic questions that are difficult to answer.

This is a VERY BAD thing. These forums are NOT meant for training people, this is NOT a replacement for properly training and mentoring new employees.
    I am also feeling the same way.
    CA Sandeep Singla
  • ritesh.singhritesh.singh Member Posts: 123
    DenSter wrote:

Valid point. :-k

Though i feel every valid posting deserves a reply.
    Thanks,
    Ritesh K Singh
  • srinivas.chittemsrinivas.chittem Member Posts: 142
    Hi,

May be this is useful for you. Try with different examples....

Specify whether the Tax/Charge being defined, is applicable
    for the Order/Lines or not. The various available types are:
    • Header
    • Line
    Regards,
    srinivas
    "Delighting Customers.... Through Delivery Excellence" .