Print Label with ZPL or EPL language

UrToUrTo Member Posts: 2
edited 2005-06-28 in Navision Financials
I have a TPL 2844 label printer. So I try to print from Navision by using the ZPL (printing language optimized for Zebra Printer) language to print the labels. The label includes an image which is also converted to ZPL.

When I use the DOS Shell: "type label.txt > lpt1" the label will be printed like it should. So the label is copied line by line into Navision. To print the label the "Generic / Text only" printer driver is used. But nothing happens if the label should be printed from Navision.

A part of the graphic in ZPL looks like: ˜žÁæÁ÷ÁüÁÿÁÃÅÿÁü? and so on.

Does in anyone know how to print a graphic with ZPL or EPL from Navision? Or where to get an Navision example how this can be done?

Thanks

Comments

• MarcelMarcel Member Posts: 26
    You first have to create a txt file filled with ZPL code within Navision and after that you can use the shell command to copy the txt file to lpt1:
    That works fine with me.

Best regards
    Marcel
    Best Regards,

Marcel Bierens
  • janpieterjanpieter Member Posts: 298
    I think navision doesn't support some character codes in the graphic format and that could be the problem.

To solve that, you can opening the txt file in navision, replace some fields in the text file with navision date, and then use a shell command to print the file.
    In a world without Borders or Fences, who needs Windows and Gates?
  • MarcelMarcel Member Posts: 26
    I printed graphics to a zebra da402 printer using zpl. First the monochrome graphic in pcx format was converted to grf. The hexadecimal characters produced by the conversion tool (z-tools) were put together with the zpl commands in the text file.
    On http://www.zebra.com/ you can find some manuals for programming in zpl. Also the conversion tool can be downloaded there.

Best regards
    Marcel
    Best Regards,

Marcel Bierens
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Try my OCX...

http://www.mibuso.com/dlinfo.asp?FileID=341

It is for printing RAW data into windows printer from NA.... 8)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • anjumianjumi Member Posts: 10
    janpieter wrote:
    I think navision doesn't support some character codes in the graphic format and that could be the problem.

To solve that, you can opening the txt file in navision, replace some fields in the text file with navision date, and then use a shell command to print the file.
    Hi Dear

Is there any way that I can geneate a Zebra Printer readable file from Customer table in Navision 3.70. Our client wants to print lables from Navision using Zebra printer. I have got ZPL II user manual with me but to unerstand all the commands is very time consuming. Is there any OCX etc., available which can automatically generate Zera Printer readable file?
    Ikram Anjum
  • KowaKowa Member Posts: 923
    UrTo wrote:
    But nothing happens if the label should be printed from Navision.
    Maybe the section in the report isn't wide enough, so there are some characters missing at the end. You can't check this on the screen. Select "Send to file" in the printer dialogue and compare the ends of each line in this printer file with the text file. Use the old command line editor , not the windows editor to show you the characters correctly.
    If there are some missing , make the sections wider. ( Landscape orientation ) It might also be necessary to select a larger paper size in the printer driver, but this depends on the OS.

Some printers also expect an empty line as the first line.
    Kai Kowalewski