E-Ship: update UPS rates and services procedure

jversusjjversusj Member Posts: 489
Hello, I search the forum for EShip and topics regarding the routine process of updating UPS rates and services, but could not find anything.

We have downloaded the latest services and rates from Lanham, but no one here has ever ran the process to update NAV. I have found which Dataport to use with the files, and I think I have figured out what is going on, but wanted to double check with any other E-Ship users on here.

Every time i run the dataport, I am asked if i want to delete all rates. Looking at the code, i can see that this truly deletes ALL records, not just those related to the From State filter I may have entered. This suggests that I would only want to delete the first time i insert records (we ship from Ohio, Kentucky, Oklahoma, and California). Can anyone confirm that it is best practice to Delete on the first import when you are loading UPS rates and Services in EShip?

thank you in advance.
kind of fell into this...

Answers

• couberpucouberpu Member Posts: 317
    jversusj wrote:
    Hello, I search the forum for EShip and topics regarding the routine process of updating UPS rates and services, but could not find anything.

We have downloaded the latest services and rates from Lanham, but no one here has ever ran the process to update NAV. I have found which Dataport to use with the files, and I think I have figured out what is going on, but wanted to double check with any other E-Ship users on here.

Every time i run the dataport, I am asked if i want to delete all rates. Looking at the code, i can see that this truly deletes ALL records, not just those related to the From State filter I may have entered. This suggests that I would only want to delete the first time i insert records (we ship from Ohio, Kentucky, Oklahoma, and California). Can anyone confirm that it is best practice to Delete on the first import when you are loading UPS rates and Services in EShip?

thank you in advance.

Are you talking about upload new UPS rate for 2009 into Navision?
    If yes, following is instruction I got from my NAV Solution Center:

2. Import the rates into Navision. If you are running on Navision version 2.x or 3.x, go to:
    SHIPPING & RECEIVING - SETUP – UPS – UPS SERVICES & RATE DATAPORT.

If you are running Navision version 4.x or 5.x, go to:
    SHIPPING & RECEIVING – SHIPPING – SETUP – UPS – DATAPORTS – UPS SERVICES & RATES

Enter the state you ship FROM on the first screen. Go to the Options tab and browse to the .txt file you unzipped previously. Choose Import then click OK. When prompted, you should answer Yes to “Delete all the existing rates” for the first state imported only. It will only take a minute or so to import.

If you ship from additional states, do an import for each state. For all the additional states, answer No to the “Delete all the existing rates” question.

CouberPu
  • jversusjjversusj Member Posts: 489
    thanks, i thought so!
    kind of fell into this...