i try to restore db, after finish restore i get pop up message,
'The item table contains a value in a Code field that cannot be used with
Microsoft Dynamic Nav
Field: Search Description
Value: HP C4911A INK cartridge a cyan'
Can anyone tell me why? HP is my printer and i didn't on my printer

Comments

• garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    do you restore a native backup to a native server or into a sql server?

if sql server, which collection do you use?
    if sql server, have you run the Migrate.fob? This fob is on upgrade-toolkit and it's check/fix incorrect values in your native database.
    So, if sql, read also the w1w1upgr.pdf before.

So, when you made a native backup (fbk), the file is written in the code page of the "making backup" computer (OEM).
    When you retore it, if the OEM code page is different, you will get errors such as this.
    So, check the regional settings, if on both machines it's the same.

Regards
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    Looks to me like you're using SQL Server queries to populate NAV tables directly in SQL Server. The Search Description field is of type Code, which means that NAV is expecting all values to be upper case. On SQL Server it is implemented as a VARCHAR type field, which can hold lower case. For SQL Server that value is valid, but for NAV it is not. Populating those values directly in SQL Server doesn't trigger the automatic conversion into upper case letters, so you need to take care of that yourself.

You will need to fix that in the source database first, and then take another backup. It might also work by taking a SQL Server backup, restore that into a new database, and then fix it in the new database. Still, that would mean you'd have to fix it in the source database anyway. If it were me I'd want to fix it just once.