Remaining Qty is not Equal to Quantity

ashbhardwajashbhardwaj Member Posts: 89
Hi
for one of my client
There are some item where i have found that Remaining qty. at that location is not matching with quantity at that location.

what may be the actual reason is really very hard to found (it's making item not in inventory issue)

i have found som entries having Positive adjustment but with minus(quantity like -3).

also there are some entries with negative adjustment but with minus(quantity like -5).

what will be the effect of this....is this making difference in reminaing qty.

item journal allowed (posting with minus sign in quantity ) .

Thanks

Comments

• SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    first teach them that they do not need to add a sign ('-') or ('+') in Item Journal.

Setting "Negative Adjustment" or "Positive Adjustment" is enough.
  • mukshamuksha Member Posts: 274
    Yes, very right..sign should not be used in negative adjustment as code follow as per the entry type. This may be the reason fro the same....only for some specific requirements we can use sign that also in oher journal like in consumption or output but not in negative or positive adjustments.
    Mukesh Sharma
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    Putting a sign in a transaction can reverse the intention of the transaction, so for example if I have 10 in stock and I do a positive adjustment for -3 I will have 7 in stock. However I will have 7 in stock everywhere, so this is not your issue assuming you are saying I have 7 here in NAV but 10 here in NAV, the difference would be if your question related to the physical place, i.e. we have 13 physically in the stores, but NAV is telling me I have 7 :D
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    I'm trying to listen Steve, but it's clear as mud to me :mrgreen:
    The little ones are keeping me up again, so a lack of sleep to blame :D

I was not sure if "i have found that Remaining qty. at that location is not matching with quantity at that location" means within NAV both times :D
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    Right if the quantity that NAV thinks is in stock, and what is actually in the warehouse. Did you take into account the question whether the person counted correctly? And the numeral system that this person used? Are measurements counted under the right conditions, such as temperature? :mrgreen:
  • ashbhardwajashbhardwaj Member Posts: 89
    Hi Thanks to all for ur reply.
    So what u suggest the best way to solve this issue without changing in the table. so that for all those items "Remaining quantity" matches with quantity.
    Item Journal???

Thanks for ur suggestion.
    Well if you are unsure of the reliability of your inventory you need to do a stock check. Count everything for zero, then do another and out the correct stock in.

To be honest I am still not sure I understand your issue. Are you saying the total of the remaining quantity on the ILE lines do not sum to the total quantity of the item (unfiltered)?
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    From the original question, it sounds like the client just need to do a physical count and post that count into NAV. :-k