FlowField value cannot be calculated error

blhblh Member Posts: 24
This is one I really don’t understand. We have been making some changes to customize our NAV 5.0 database. When we started testing we found that on sales orders, sales quotes, purchase orders etc. when the user clicks the item button in the subform to pull up the item card for the item on the line they got the following error:
The FlowField value cannot be calculated.
You must define and activate a key that contains the key fields that appear below (the order is unimportant) and then associate the specified SumIndexField with it.
Key Fields: Blocked,Variant Code,Drop Shipment,Location Code,Item No.
SumIndexField:Quantity
Table: Item Ledger Entry

There are a couple of things I don’t get about this error message. We made no changes to the Item or Item Ledger Entry table or the Sales-info Pane Management codeunit which the subforms use to pull up the Item card. Second the field Quantity is not a SIFT field in the Item Ledger Entry table. I can easily add a key and associate the Quantity with the key but I don’t understand why I’d need to. Can someone help me make sense of this message? We did make some changes to the Sales Line and Sales Header table and the Sales Quote and Sales Quote Subform but I don’t see how that affects the Item Ledger Entry table. Thanks for any help.
blh

Comments

• kapamaroukapamarou Member Posts: 1,152
    Is the "Blocked" field in Item Ledger Entry a custom field you have added?
  • blhblh Member Posts: 24
    kapamarou,
    Thanks for your reply. The "Blocked" field is a custom field that was added when we bought a third party quality control product a long time ago. This field has been in place quite a while, well before this testing, and it never caused a problem before but could that be what's messing things up?
    blh
    The message says the following: The system is trying to calculate a flowfield which uses the
    SumIndexField: Quantity of Item Ledger Entry, but taking into account the filters of the fields mentioned (Blocked,Variant Code,Drop Shipment,Location Code,Item No.). Now, either by C/AL code or by some property, the Item list is trying to open with a value set as a filter to all these fields so it needs a key that contains all these fields plus a sumindex on Quantity. So debug your lookup cation and see which filters are applied. (It could be also on the property of one of the flowfields in table 27)
    Also, it could be a call to a CALCSUMS function directly on Item ledger entry table through code. So debug it to see where the problem is and let us know in order to advise you on the best solution.
  • blhblh Member Posts: 24
    kapamarou,
    On a whim I tried the item button in our live database and found that it’s not functioning there either. This basically means that it wasn’t a result of any of the customizations that we did in house. It probably does have to do with the Quality Control customization that we purchased. My boss and I are stunned that no one complained about losing this functionality since it apparently has been going on for months! The long and the short of it is that it is now our third party provider’s issue to debug and not ours. Thanks for your help!
    blh
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    Sounds to me like it might also be a problem with whoever merged the product into your system. It looks like a flowfield's calcformula has been modified without also adding that field to the SIFT key. Have your partner doublecheck the Item table, and for the flowfields that have been modified, have them check the source tables for additional key fields of SIFT keys.