Business analytics - Configurator.exe

sujatharaoosujatharaoo Member Posts: 57
Hi

I have downloaded the BA Configurator.exe MSSQL2005 from the partner source. i have copied tht exe in the following path "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\60\Classic\BA Config\*.exe". i have runned the configurator from the Business anlytics setup window but the system is throwing error. can u guide me to run this configurator. :D

Thanx in Advance
Regards,
Sujatha.N

Comments

• asushmaasushma Member Posts: 6
    Hi sujatha,
    What error u r facing when you run the configurator.
    Just try this:
    1) The folder contains two items: a file called “Configurator.exe” and a subfolder called “Common”. Copy both of these items to the file system of the machine where you installing Business Analytics. Note that this should be a final, not a temporary location. A good choice could be to create a subfolder called “BA” in the folder where the Microsoft Dynamics NAV client is installed, and copy the file and the folder.
    2) Open the Microsoft Dynamics NAV client, and open Administration, Application Setup, General, Business Analytics Setup from the navigation panel. Click on the AssistButton for the Name field (where the value is “DEFAULT”).
    3) Enter the path to the Configurator.exe file that you copied to the local file system in step 2. When the “Path to Configurator” field gets focus (click in it) an AssistButton appear. When you click this AssistButton, you can navigate to the file by using a normal Windows file dialog. Click the OK button in the “BA Databases” form when you have selected the path.
    4) Click the Functions menu button, and click Update XML.
    5) Click the Functions menu button once again, and click Start Configurator. The Business Analytics Configurator opens.
  • jarautajarauta Member Posts: 3
    Is it necessary that Business Analytics Server is installed in the same server as Navision or SQL Server?

Thanks