Requisition worksheet -> Surplus reservations

JoeriJoeri Member Posts: 75
I have the following scenario.
There is an item that uses Item Tracking (serial nos.), and has the following properties set on the item card:
Replenishment system: Purchase
Reordering Policy: Maximum Qty.
Reserve: Optional
Order Tracking Policy: None
Reoder Point: 20
Current Inventory: 0

I use this item in the service module, as an item that has been used during a service order. So i put in the service line, with the qty 1, and i put a serial no in (a wrong one, that's not in stock). I get a warning, but ignore it and close the window.

Now when i run the requisition worksheet for this item I get two lines, one with 20 pieces for my reorder point, and one line with 1 piece for the 'wrong serial no' in the service line.

In the background the following happend in the reservation entry table:
Before running the req. worksheet:
1 line, with status "Prospect" for my service order

After running the req. worksheet:
1 line (my original)
3 new lines, two with the status 'tracking' (one negative, one positive), one line wit the status 'surplus'.

But the strange thing that happend, if when i goto my service order, and goto the line i entered, then open the item tracking window, it has changed the qty from 1 to 2.

If i delete my req. lines, and run the worksheet again, it changes the quantity from 2 to 3. And this goes on forever.

The other strange thing is, when have deleted all my req. lines, there are still extra lines in my reservation entry table. I still got an extra line with Qty -1, Surplus for the item on my service line. This ofcourse explains why i got a higher quantity then expected. How do i fix this ?

Comments

• lakshmivallurulakshmivalluru Member Posts: 168
    Hi,

Anyone :?: I have a same kind of problem. There is no hotfix or nothing in knowledge base. Article 957958 didn't sort it either.

My issues are:

1. The system generates Reservation Entries for an item but no Req. Worksheet line when i run the calc. plan.
    2. If the forecast has 2 entires for an item, one for each location( loc1 - 100, loc2 - 50) , calculate plan will create 1 line for loc1, 2 reservation entries.When I delete the Req. Worksheet, it leaves the reservation line for loc2.

I haven't checked if this has affected the Production Order Component tracking lines.

I have written a code to fix this. But the question is does this affect anything else? I don't think so. But please let me know if it does.
    LR
  • RCerratoRCerrato Member Posts: 8
    Same problem here some years later and working with Nav 2009 sp1, also in Nav 2009 R2 ^^U

IF someone.knowstheanswer THEN replyplease