Resource costs adjustment - possible ?

Slawek_GuzekSlawek_Guzek Member Posts: 1,690
Hi all,

When one posts resource usage using Job Journal the entries with resource cost are posted to the Job Ledger and Resource Ledger.

Do you know any method how to adjust these costs at further stage in both ledgers, but without reversing original posting ?

I coudn't find any method which allows posting additional resource costs to the resource and job ledgers :cry:.

If I use Job Journal and want to post resource costs I have to enter some quantinty, which affects my usage (quantities). Alternatively I can post to G/L account which amends job costs, but no Resource costs.

If I use Job G/L Journal then I can't post to the resource - again Job costs can be amended but Resource not.

NAV Version 5.0 SP1.

Any clue how to overcome this?

Regards,
Slawek
Slawek Guzek
Dynamics NAV, MS SQL Server, Wherescape RED;
PRINCE2 Practitioner - License GR657010572SG
GDPR Certified Data Protection Officer - PECB License DPCDPO1025070-2018-03

Comments

• Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    Post a negative entry to backout the incorrect entry, then make a positive entry to fill in the correct cost.
  • Slawek_GuzekSlawek_Guzek Member Posts: 1,690
    Thanks,

Technically it is not reversing, but in fact very similar operation :). What I want to achieve is to be able to report on original value (aka 'calcuation costs', but also to be able to report true costs.

On the second thought I can use suggested solution. The negative entry and correction one can be posted as chargeable, while original as not chargeable. Then applying Chargeable Filter=no filter will give 'calculation costs', while not applying Chargeable Filter at all will give me true costs... And applying Chargeable Filter=Yes will give me the corrected difference....

I just wonder if I can use Chargeable Filter in such a way.... Any possible traps ?

Regards,
    Slawek
    Slawek Guzek
    Dynamics NAV, MS SQL Server, Wherescape RED;
    PRINCE2 Practitioner - License GR657010572SG
    GDPR Certified Data Protection Officer - PECB License DPCDPO1025070-2018-03