How would you report on Sales Orders and Sales Credit Memos

TomasTomas Member Posts: 420
I am thinking of a way to create a simple report that would give you combined list of sales headers and credit memos (reporting documents no/customers/amounts/dimensions/etc). Then grouping by selected fields would be necessary as well.

The issue is (at least form my point of view), that data is comming from two different tables, and I need one list (for example sorted by customer), therefore I cannot run them as separate dataitems.

What way would you go to implement something like this? Creating a new table for "buffer" data (which would have only needed fields in it from both tables)? Creating a range of arrays (basically an array for one field) and putting data into them?

Any ideas would be helpful and interesting. Thanks.

Comments

• AlbertvhAlbertvh Member Posts: 516
    Hi Tomas,

You could use the Sales Header and Line tables defined as temporary and populate them using the posted invoice and credit memo tables and setting the appropriate document type on your temp tables.

Albert
  • TomasTomas Member Posts: 420
    Albertvh wrote:
    Hi Tomas,

You could use the Sales Header and Line tables defined as temporary and populate them using the posted invoice and credit memo tables and setting the appropriate document type on your temp tables.

Albert

Great idea. Would I be able to define these temporary tables as data items?
  • AlbertvhAlbertvh Member Posts: 516
    Hi Tomas,

No you won't, but you could define Integer as a dataitem and use the temp tables to print what you want.

Albert
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    Tomas wrote:
    The issue is (at least form my point of view), that data is comming from two different tables, and I need one list (for example sorted by customer), therefore I cannot run them as separate dataitems.
    That depends on what fields you want things to be sorted by. If they are all fields in the Customer table, you can have a Customer dataitem, and indent all the other tables under that. The sort order of the Customer table then determines the sort order of the entire report.