Server Installation and Connection in Navision

DhaneeshaDhaneesha Member Posts: 62
Hi,
I have an error message when trying to connect to the server by specifying the name of the server (eg navtest)I have just installed.
When I tried to type the IP address when connecting to the database as a client, the connection is successful. The error message is displayed only when I try to put the server name instead of the IP address in the server name.

The error message is as follows : A packet has been corrupted and there is a checksum error.

Please note that I have added the IP address and its corresponding name in the Host file.

Can anyone help me on this issue please as it's urgent?

Thanks

Dhaneesha

Comments

• garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    Is this on every machine or only on one?

Did you check the Hardware (faulty card,bad or loose cable, demaged hub/switch) on PC and on the Server?
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • DhaneeshaDhaneesha Member Posts: 62
    Hi again,

Hardware (faulty card,bad or loose cable, demaged hub/switch) on PC and on the Server are ok. We have checked it for 2 clients (pcs) and the connection is still not correct.

The problem is just when we enter the server name that we get that error message. When I enter the path of the server, the connection is ok in navision. But here the clients are not authorised to enter or view the path of the server but have to enter only the server name.

So what can be the problem?
    thks again
  • idiotidiot Member Posts: 651
    What does ping response to the server name?
    NAV - Norton Anti Virus

ERP Consultant (not just Navision) & Navision challenger
    hi,

when you do ping it locates the server, here there is no problem.

The problem is with the server name meaning when the connection is being done with the server name included in it, the error message is displayed, but when you put the path of the server, then no problem occurs.
    ](*,) it's really strange...
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Have you some extended characters used in the name? (Other than a-z, 0-9)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    Hi everyone,

I have already found the mistake the client made. During the installation, they have not chosen custom as installation type for the server.

That's it.

Thanks for all ur help.