General check box question

doubtfiredoubtfire Member Posts: 60
I have four check boxes, which represent three jobs to do on a form and the last one to be all jobs checked. Could I check the last one (does not matter the above three checked or not) and grey out the other three. (when the last unchecked the other three are open). Any suggestions please !?

Comments

• garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    edited 2009-01-14
    this you must develop self (new function <- this is called from the OnAfterValidate() Trigger of every checkbox, and there you set the enable and the Flag)

But why do you not use Radio (Option) Buttons?
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    Not sure if your being clear enuf.. :-k

[] Job1 Completed
    [] Job2 Completed
    [] Job3 Completed
    [] All Jobs Completed

What do you want to have happen - If All Jobs Completed is checked - you wan the job1 thru 3 boxes be uneditable?
  • DaveTDaveT Member Posts: 1,039
    Hi Harry,

That's what is reads like to me so...

use
    currform.Job1.enable( NOT AllJob );
    currform.Job2.enable( NOT AllJob );
    currform.Job3.enable( NOT AllJob );

where Job1, Job2, Job3 are the three job tickboxes and Alljob is the all jobs.

Two tips:
    1. you will need to set the names of the controls
    2. add code to when you open the form.
    Dave Treanor

Dynamics Nav Add-ons
    http://www.simplydynamics.ie/Addons.html
  • doubtfiredoubtfire Member Posts: 60
    =D> A general question receives a lot of NOT-general answers. Savatage - you're right for the interpretation. Garak -reason for not using radio buttons is user(s) could choose Job1 and Job2 only without selecting the Job3, therefore checking JobAll would include Job3 (of course they could check Job1+Job2+Job3=JobAll). Thank you guys all. (garak DANKE again !) =D>