Infopath 2007 problem with NAV 2009 XMLPort

msolimanmsoliman Member Posts: 3
Hi;
In the process of investigating the new NAV 2009 web services feature. I have created a very simple XMLPort to export the Customers list with only the No., Name, Phone No. and Credit Limit fields. Then I created a Codeunit and one function to accept the XMLPort as VAR parameter. From the Web Serivces form, I select to Publish this codeunit and It did publish properly.
I opened Infopath 2007 and start a new Web Service Template. I provided Url address for my web service and then select the only available Method I created within the codeunit and when I press Next I got the following error.

/Schema/element[2][@name='GetMyCustomer2_Result']/Complex Type[1]/Sequence[1]/Element[1][@name='result']
Undeclared XSD type:'{urn.microsoft.Dynamics-nav/xmlports/mycustomer2}-MyCustomer'
#-o ](*,)

Has anyone saw this error or know what it could be? I tried to edit the XML for the published Web service but really could not find anything unusal when I compare it to the XML generated for a published Customer Page.

Thanks;

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    There is another way how to do that - create page, add only the selected fields, publish the page as webservice, use it in InfoPath... much easier if there is another "why not to use that"... ;-)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • msolimanmsoliman Member Posts: 3
    Hi kine;

many thanks for reply to my issue. But I have checked to publish the Customer page as a web service and consumed it wihtin Infopath 2007. I added the Query section and used ReadMultiple method and added few fields from the customer datafields into a Repeating table and used UpdateMultiple. So far so good until you try to change data on any row other than the first row and hit the submit button. even if Infopath suggest that changes were submitted successfully, it actually did not apply the changes from second row and up back into Navision. ONLY changes from the first row is applied back.

So, UpdateMultiple does not look successful with Infopath 2007. Any idea what possible I am doing wrong ? Thanks in advance for any comments. :roll:
  • JoeKJoeK Member Posts: 53
    So this topic seems to be very old, but i´ve encountered also this problem.

To help all the other ones which also have this problem i´ve got bad news. This problem is well known by microsoft. Info Path can not handle references. More you will find in the KB article below:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/889494