Using Base calendar

rockartikrockartik Member Posts: 10
Dear folks..
I am newbie to NAV..
I hav created a new calendar using Base Calendar Card(form 7600)
Now i donno how to access this calendar..I mean there is no table entries for the entered datas.. ](*,) So i cant assign a record variable to use this object..
For an eg if i hav to do some manipulations based on Nonworking days available for a particular time period or i want to filter particular period etc..
Is there any standard functionalities to this??
Need some direction on this subject.. :-k

Comments

• DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    The data is stored in tables 7600-7604. There is also a codeunit 7600 that has functions for Base Calendar management. What I've done is build a temporary list of valid working dates (record variable based on the Date virtual table, filtered on day), which you can do by looping through the dates and inserting them when the CheckDateStatus function returns the right value.

The base calendar can be found for instance on the shipping tab of the customer card. Click on the lookup to get to the actual base calendar, click on the 'Customized Calendar' drilldown to get to the customized modifications to the base calendar for that particular customer. Play around with it with while you have the debugger on, and you will be able to figure out how those functions work.
  • rockartikrockartik Member Posts: 10
    The data is stored in tables 7600-7604. There is also a codeunit 7600 that has functions for Base Calendar management. What I've done is build a temporary list of valid working dates (record variable based on the Date virtual table, filtered on day), which you can do by looping through the dates and inserting them when the CheckDateStatus function returns the right value

U meant 2 build temporary list of valid working dates using record variable..But how to select my particular record variable..for an example if i designed a new calendar by name mycalendar and If i want to use it as record variable means how to do it??

Thanks in advance :mrgreen:
    It depends on what you are doing. Base Calendars are usually linked to something else. There is a Base Calendar assigned to Company Information, Customers have Base Calendars, Vendors, etcetera. For instance if I were to write some logic that is related to a customer, I would use the Base Calendar that is set up there. If I were to write somehting for Vendors, I'd get it from the Vendor Card.

Like I said before, open the Customer Card in a Cronus database and play around with the Base Calendar functionality, while the debugger is running. Open the Base Calendar itself and add some non-working days. Drilldown into the customized changes and enter a few new ones in there. Those forms all use temporary records and te calendar management codeunit, so you can see it all in action. You will see how this works that way much better than I can explain it here.
  • rockartikrockartik Member Posts: 10
    Its helpful buddy... =D>

Thanks and regards
    My pleasure, always happy to help :mrgreen: