Update dimension value - when reversing transaction entries

ChikaChika Member Posts: 45
Dear All,

I import beginning balance for customer AR and don't assign any dimension to these data. And in customer card
I assign dimension to every customer and make dimension :AREA as code mandatory.

Unfortunately, my customer told me that some of the AR value was wrong, it means that I have to reverse the entry in customer ledger entries.

When I try to reverse these entries, an error message was showed, that says:
I have to select dimension value for AREA.

My questions is :
1. How can I solve this problem?
Should I update the dimension value for transactions in all tables? If so, then what tables need to be updated?

Thank you for any advice.

Regards,
Chika

Comments

• DeepDeep Member Posts: 569
    If initially you have not selected the dimension for the customer ledger entries, and the balances are wrong, then why you need these dimensions on the correcting entry.(kindly explain some more)
    You can always remove the code mandatory for those specific customers where the initial balance is wrong, post the reversal entries, and then again enable the code mandatory on customer dimensions, so that the correct entries can be posted with dimensions.
    Regards,

Deep
    India
  • philippegirodphilippegirod Member Posts: 191
    To reverse you must change the setup of your Default Dimensions, to allow to reverse something without a Dimension. Then, you will have to change back before to post the correct entry.

You can use a Replace All in the Default Dimension table if your filter is correct (Table ID = 18, Dimension Code = AREA) and if all the customer with an AREA dimension have the same Value Posting Code ("Code Compulsory" for instance).
    My candle burns by both ends, it will not last the night,
    But oh my foes and oh my friends, it gives a lovely light