Need Info On Dimension Urgent

Prajeesh_NairPrajeesh_Nair Member Posts: 70
I created a new Dimension in application setup---finance---dimension
I want to post some item on this new dimension I created but I can’t see this dimension on the posting only two dimensions are active.
Need another help on warehouse, I want to negative adjustment on inventory which can be done from warehouse—inventory—phy. Inventory journal
But when I do this the physical inventory is reduced but its not reflecting in the chart of accounts. Should I run some batch job please guide me to the right direction

Comments

• AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    You have two global dimensions and the others are shortcuts. Define the shortcut dimensions in teh setup then they should be available from the dimension or line buttons.

Navigate from the negative transaction, is there a GL entry? If not then it depends upon your setup. Was there a cost? Where are you expecting the values? Are teh values reversing? How are you searching the COA?
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • mukshamuksha Member Posts: 274
    May i know the reason why are you looking for the change in G/L on physical inventory correction. Ideally it should not refelect in G/L...
    Mukesh Sharma
  • DeepDeep Member Posts: 569
    The shortcut dimensions can be setup at General ledger setup, dimensions tab.
    Regards,

Deep
    India
  • Prajeesh_NairPrajeesh_Nair Member Posts: 70
    Some Transaction is not done through the Navision :shock:
    So Showing changes in the inventory.
    Physical inventory is lesser than the orginal invenotry.
    when Doing it must reflect in COA,G/L right?
    Any way got some really good advice from mibuso
    Thanks Mibuso and the man [-o<
    :D
    Yes it is always a good idea that if you are making inventory changes using an external source that you reflect these changes in the ledgers, otherwise you are going to be in a horrible horrible place :D
    AdamRoue wrote:
    Yes it is always a good idea that if you are making inventory changes using an external source that you reflect these changes in the ledgers, otherwise you are going to be in a horrible horrible place
    Can you please elaborate it?
    Regards,

Deep
    India
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    Deep wrote:
    AdamRoue wrote:
    Yes it is always a good idea that if you are making inventory changes using an external source that you reflect these changes in the ledgers, otherwise you are going to be in a horrible horrible place
    Can you please elaborate it?

Entries created thru external application should be flagged which is helpful in identifying them
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
    I have one in stock at $10 I bring in another 4 and do not update the ledgers, therefore the value of the 5 items is $10. Move forward and create chaos. Any chance of reconcilling the ledger to the inventory gone in an instant.
    Thanks pals. I got it. :idea:
    Regards,

Deep
    India