Mail merge with Style Sheet tool

jcidjcid Member Posts: 2
Hi,

Has anybody try to do any mathematical operation in the Style Sheet. I am trying to subtract two fields from NAV (Amount Incluing VAT - Amout) to obtain the VAT Amount. The formula that I am using is:
{={MERGEFIELD "Sales_Header_Amount_Including_VAT" }-{MERGEFIELD "Sales_Header_Amount" }}

Cheers.

Comments

• jugheadjughead Member Posts: 6
    Hi,
    I am facing the same challenge trying to find the difference between amounts to show tax in Word for the NAV Stylesheet using Mail Merge.

Would appreciate your help on this if you solved the issue. BTW, I am using NAV 5.1.

Thanks,
    Uma
  • ftbookumftbookum Member Posts: 10
    Add a extra field in your form with the calculation and add this to your style sheet
  • jugheadjughead Member Posts: 6
    Thanks for the reply. I understand that a field can be added in the table (either sales invoice header or sales invoice line) and data can be populated through code.

But I would like to know if it is possible to show the total amount or difference in MS Word itself while designing the stylesheet.
  • ftbookumftbookum Member Posts: 10
    The total of field values or differences could be done. But I would handle it on the Word document. It could be done though with a sum index field.