Job costs from purchasing incorrect in Nav 5.0

imurphyimurphy Member Posts: 308
I've posted something similar on this subject before but as I thought I'd try again.

We're using Nav 5.0 - pre sp1 without the Jobs update. Standard functionality between purchasing and the Jobs module.

The client uses the Jobs module for project. They purchase material against the jobs and bill out to clients also against the job without using the Job task planning line fuctionality.

We're seeing large errors with the accumulated costs for material. Pretty regularly we're seeing cases such as a product purchased for a Job where the original purchase order was for, say, 1 unit at 17.99 but in the Job Ledger Entry table we have 3000 units at the same price.

The quantity of 3000 turns up often but its not always this quantity. Sometimes I cannot work out at all how a line was added to the ledger. The users don't know how to do this and certainly don't have time to be making so many entries.

In frustration I wrote a small piece of code to delete the Products from the Ledger and regenerate them from the Sales Invoice Lines and from the delivered material. I ran this on a copy of the db and compared the regenerated with the original. There were large differences in every single job.

Is anyone else using this functionality? Anyone else seeing similar problems?

Ian

Comments

• nunomaianunomaia Member Posts: 1,153
    I only add problems using Jobs when using serial numbers, after I had applied jobs correction everything just went fine.
    Nuno Maia

Freelance Dynamics AX
    Blog : http://axnmaia.wordpress.com/
  • imurphyimurphy Member Posts: 308
    Ok thanks, I was planning to start the integration of the jobs fix today.... lets see what it does.

Ian