navuser1navuser1 Member Posts: 1,329
Hi all,

I'hv got the error msg after installing the Nav2009

Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 Build 27808
Error Report
SQL Server option
Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 Components for Microsoft SQL Server
Fatal error during installation.

Error -2147217865: failed to execute SQL string, error detail: Invalid object name 'master.sys.objects'., SQL key: DropXpNdoGroups SQL string: IF EXISTS (SELECT * FROM [master].[sys].[objects] WHERE name = 'xp_ndo_enumusergroups') EXEC sp_dropextendedproc xp_ndo_enumusergroups
Cronus Sample Database for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009

Error -2147217865: failed to execute SQL string, error detail: Invalid object name 'master.sys.databases'., SQL key: StopIfDatabaseExist SQL string: IF EXISTS (SELECT * FROM [master].[sys].[databases] WHERE name = 'Demo Database NAV (6-0)') RAISERROR (N'A database with name %s already exists.',20,1,'Demo Database NAV (6-0)') WITH LOG
Automated Data Capture System
Automated Data Capture System for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009

An exception occurred while uninstalling. This exception will be ignored and the uninstall will continue. However, the application might not be fully uninstalled after the uninstall is complete. --> The savedState dictionary contains inconsistent data and might have been corrupted.
Created on "COMPUTER"
12-Jan-09 4:03 PM

Can this error msg stop me to connect NST via RTC ??
Now or Never

Comments

• navuser1navuser1 Member Posts: 1,329
    Hi All

getting the same error msg when i'm trying to install the demo of NAV2009:
    I can not access my db via Database Server (SQL Server 2000 is preinstalled in my PC.)
    Now or Never
  • Michael_RMichael_R Member Posts: 4
    "Error -2147217865: failed to execute SQL string" is a general error message. So you have to look at the error detail to find out what is wrong. In this case a sql object cannot be found. There can be at least two causes for this error:
    1. An older version than SQL Server 2005 is installed as the default (MSSQLSERVER) instance, or
    2. You do not have the priviledges on the SQL Server.

Dynamics NAV 2009 supports SQL Server 2005 and 2008 and you must at least be a member of the securityadmin server role to install the sample database.
    Michael R wrote:
    "Error -2147217865: failed to execute SQL string" is a general error message. So you have to look at the error detail to find out what is wrong. In this case a sql object cannot be found. There can be at least two causes for this error:
    1. An older version than SQL Server 2005 is installed as the default (MSSQLSERVER) instance, or
    2. You do not have the priviledges on the SQL Server.

Dynamics NAV 2009 supports SQL Server 2005 and 2008 and you must at least be a member of the securityadmin server role to install the sample database.

Daer Michael ,

Thanks for reply.
    There is a SQL Server 2000 installed in my System (PC) also.
    Is Sql Server 2000 creating the problems ??
    Now or Never
  • Michael_RMichael_R Member Posts: 4
    Yes, the database installation queries internal tables in SQL Server that have changed format since SQL Server 2000. Also, the Dynamics 2009 Server and Classic Client requires SQL Server 2005 in order to work properly.
    Thanks.
    Now or Never