Attendance Management

satraja2004satraja2004 Member Posts: 45
Hi All,

I am developing objects for attnedance management.
I want to calculate the "to date" automatically if i give the "from date" and "no of days of absence".
Actually if there is any holidays in between the from date and to date, the system should take that into account while calculating "to date".
I am maintaing separate tables for holidays and leave request.
Can any one help me how to include the holidays also while calcluating the "to date".
Thanks & Regards

Raja.B

Comments

• DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    You can use Base Calendar functionality. In the Base calendar you can set up certain dates as "non-working", and by using the date calendar functions, you can then calculate those dates. I'd have to go in and take a look as to what functions exactly, and I don't have the time to do that right now. IIRC I've done something like thatwhere I had a temporary date variable, and inserted records for each working day, until I had the right number. The last one is the date that you are looking for. I'm sure other people have different solutions too.

Open the Customer card in a Cronus database, and find the base calendar. Play around with it, with the debugger turned on, so you can find out which objects are used.