Best way to categorize customer??

dndn Member Posts: 71
Hi
Is anyone who can give me some idea of how I should categorize customer in Customer Card.
Like "Food Industry,Defence industry,pharmaceutical industry.."

I think the best way would be use Global Dimension 1 & 2. But they are already used for Department and Customer Code.
We want to make analys and follow up later on sales for each category. Is there any field in Navision I can use categorize customer who works almost as well as Dimension 1&2 ?? Someone who have any idea??

Comments

• garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    u can use the dimensions or you create a new field like "Customer Category Code" like the "Item Category Code" on table item.
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • ritesh.singhritesh.singh Member Posts: 123
    Hi,

We can use Gen. Bus. Posting group or just the customer posting group. this way you can create differenet account/or single account in COA and fetch data accordingly.

:)
    Thanks,
    Ritesh K Singh
  • dndn Member Posts: 71
    Hi,

We can use Gen. Bus. Posting group or just the customer posting group. this way you can create differenet account/or single account in COA and fetch data accordingly.

:)

Hi
    We also already have used Gen. Bus. Posting group and the customer posting group for other categorize..so we can't use Gen. Bus. Posting group and the customer posting group now.
  • nunomaianunomaia Member Posts: 1,153
    You should use a dimension, that you should indicate selected dimension in sales setup (field customer dimension group).
    Then you should be able to use Sales Analysis by Dimensions
    Nuno Maia

Freelance Dynamics AX
    Blog : http://axnmaia.wordpress.com/
    nunomaia wrote:
    You should use a dimension, that you should indicate selected dimension in sales setup (field customer dimension group).
    Then you should be able to use Sales Analysis by Dimensions
    Hi
    Which dimension do you mean? How should I set up dimensions? The Global dimension 1 & 2 is already in used. ](*,)
  • DeepDeep Member Posts: 569
    Use any shortcut dimension for it and then use Account type default dimensions. Select Table ID= Customer and Value posting=Code mandatory.
    This will avoid any transaction with the customer to post without the required shortcut dimension. You can then easily analyse the figures using analysis by dimensions.
    Regards,

Deep
    India
    Deep wrote:
    Use any shortcut dimension for it and then use Account type default dimensions. Select Table ID= Customer and Value posting=Code mandatory.
    This will avoid any transaction with the customer to post without the required shortcut dimension. You can then easily analyse the figures using analysis by dimensions.
    Sorry for my stupid question..but Shortcut dimension don't exist in Customer Table...do u mean I shall create new field ??
  • jversusjjversusj Member Posts: 489
    dn wrote:
    Deep wrote:
    Sorry for my stupid question..but Shortcut dimension don't exist in Customer Table...do u mean I shall create new field ??

only the Global Dimensions are easily seen throughout the system, that is why they are called Global. :). The Shortcut Dimensions can be set on a Customer by going to a customer card and clicking the Customer button. Then click Dimensions from the Menu. You can enter shortcut dimensions into the form that opens.

//maybe someone else has better advice? I never used any of the shortcut dimensions myself because we did not have Analysis Views in our license and without that granule, it was too clumsy to try to make use of the shortcut dimensions.

Check the Online help for dimensions, it should explain it for you! Good luck.
    kind of fell into this...
  • DeepDeep Member Posts: 569
    only the Global Dimensions are easily seen throughout the system, that is why they are called Global. . The Shortcut Dimensions can be set on a Customer by going to a customer card and clicking the Customer button. Then click Dimensions from the Menu. You can enter shortcut dimensions into the form that opens.

Hit f1, type "default dimension (table)", press enter.
    Regards,

Deep
    India
    jversusj wrote:
    dn wrote:
    Deep wrote:

only the Global Dimensions are easily seen throughout the system, that is why they are called Global. :). The Shortcut Dimensions can be set on a Customer by going to a customer card and clicking the Customer button. Then click Dimensions from the Menu. You can enter shortcut dimensions into the form that opens.

//maybe someone else has better advice? I never used any of the shortcut dimensions myself because we did not have Analysis Views in our license and without that granule, it was too clumsy to try to make use of the shortcut dimensions.

Check the Online help for dimensions, it should explain it for you! Good luck.
    Hi
    It's works for me so far...Thanks for yours respons :lol: