Adding Comments to "Job Tasks"

davidecdavidec Member Posts: 63
Hi!
I need to add comments related to Job Tasks. I tried to use what's already available, so I added the corresponding Table Name in table "Comment Line" and added the menu items from the Job Task forms.
Until here everything worked fine without further coding, but job tasks are identified not only by their "Job Task No.", but also by their "Job No.", so I added one column in table "Comment Line" to be used only to store the Job No. in case the comment is related to a task.
PROBLEM: Even debugging I can't find where these comments are added and thus where I can specify which Job No. to use! How the heck is the id passed when I add a comment to a Job or to a customer????

Does any of you have any experience modifying the standard comments management? I hope so, otherwise I'll need to implement my own management for Job Tasks and, although fast, it would break other stuff...

Thanks in advance!

Answers

• davidecdavidec Member Posts: 63
    Ok, it seems solved: I don't have control over the whole process, but I added the new column among the fields of the primary key and it worked... Hoping it doesn't spoil some other parts...
    Thanks anyway...