Item Ledger Entry Dimensions vs Value Entry Dimensions

FishermanFisherman Member Posts: 456
All -

I have no idea how this could even happen, but we have a few Item Ledger Entries from Item Journal adjustments that have a dimension 1 value of "21 PK", but the corresponding Value Entries show dimension 1 values of "22 PK", which, by our dimension scheme, would mean that the inventory was taken out of one division, but the costs were posted against the other. The G/L Entries for the adjustment ALSO bear "22 PK'. our controller wants to correct this, but is there any way of doing it short of modifying the entries manually?

Does anyone have any idea how this could happen?

Thanks.

Comments

• ritesh.singhritesh.singh Member Posts: 123
    I guess this happens because of dimension priority as navision follows the priority while posting the dimension.
    Thanks,
    Ritesh K Singh
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    Have you done any modification in CU 22. I'm thinking it's related to a modification.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • FishermanFisherman Member Posts: 456
    Guys -

Thanks for the reply. Sorry - for some reason I'm no longer getting my alerts from Mibuso when I get a response.

We do have a few changes in CU22, but they are isolated to one change for production (related to inbound production bins, not dimensions), and that our 3rd-party provider has added for their software. Is there anywhere else I should look, or is this where I should concentrate?

Thanks.
    Sorry to post so much, but do either of you know if NAV has a mechanism to "reclassify" these entries to the correct dimensions?
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    Item reclass journal.

But it will change both the value entry and the item ledger, which is not what you need.
    Alex -

If I run the Item Reclassification Journal and key in the correct entries, will it replace them in all Item Ledger and Value Entries. Even if it replaces the Item Ledger Entry Dimension Values, which are correct, with the new values, which will also be correct, then that is fine.

Would I be safe in assuming that it won't actually change the existing ledger entries, but will instead journal the old ones out and the new ones in? If this is the case, then I don't know if it will work. Since the dimensions don't match, if it journalled the old entries out, I would imagine that it would want to write that entry (or entries) using the dimensions specified in that Item Journal entry, which means that the corresponding Value Entries wouldn't match the original Incorrect ones. Right?? :?:
    I would try it on a test environment and see the results.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini

Thanks. I'll do that tomorrow. If that doesn't work, are we down to updating the dimensions in-place?
    Fisherman wrote:
    Thanks. I'll do that tomorrow. If that doesn't work, are we down to updating the dimensions in-place?

if you go the manual road, make sure you recalculate analysis views if you are using them.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini

• Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    Fisherman wrote:
    Alex -

If I run the Item Reclassification Journal and key in the correct entries, will it replace them in all Item Ledger and Value Entries. Even if it replaces the Item Ledger Entry Dimension Values, which are correct, with the new values, which will also be correct, then that is fine.

Would I be safe in assuming that it won't actually change the existing ledger entries, but will instead journal the old ones out and the new ones in? If this is the case, then I don't know if it will work. Since the dimensions don't match, if it journalled the old entries out, I would imagine that it would want to write that entry (or entries) using the dimensions specified in that Item Journal entry, which means that the corresponding Value Entries wouldn't match the original Incorrect ones. Right?? :?:

I don't believe the reclass journal will update the existing entries. It will just add to the Ledger Entry Dimensnion table. So if it's mismatched in the beginning, it won't matter what kinds of reclass entries you make... :(

At this point, you may have to modify the ledger entry dimension table.